PSB Speakers + Denon AVR 1610 - Need Suggestions

spiderman

Hi,

As my house lease expired it was time to move houses so I sold off my old Denon AVR 1305 and off I went on a hunting mission to get a new AVR and speaker set up.

Although I am clear that for current budget that I have the Denon AVR 1610 is what suits my requirments but the issue is that I am not sure on the speakers as a lot of dealers here in Singapore are pushing for PSB 5.1 speakers packaged(never heard of them before until I auditioned and checked their website).

Although the audition was quite good and punchy I would apprecaite if any forum members have had auditioned and used these speakers before and have any inputs to suggest.

The pricing that I am being quoted is:

1) Denon AVR 1610 - INR 17,000 + PSB Alpha HT 1 5.1 speaker set - INR 23,000 Total = INR 40,000

The other option that I checked was:

2) Denon AVR 1610 - INR 17,000 + Modurant-Short 5.1 speaker set - INR 31,000 Total = INR 48,000

I found some links on the web so sharing the same, so appreciate any feedback and guidance.

Thanks Spiderman

PSB Alpha HT1

http://www.psbspeakers.com/Images/brochures/pdf/Alpha_brochure.pdf

PSB Speakers - CNET Alpha Review

Spiderman, Psb is a good brand, no doubt. However I have not heard the said model myself to comment. But the prices seem to be good. What fronts do the MS package come with?

find out if there is any difference between the PSB Alpha LR1's ( you will get 4 of these in your HT package) and the PSB Alpha B1's

if theres not much differnce get tell the dealer to replace 1 pair if LR1's with the Alpha B1s'
or hell tell him to replace all
the alpha B1's make much better front speakers and they are very musical too ( if you listen to stereo music)

whenyou sell you can sell those alpha B1's easier and almost loose no money( conidering the prices you are getting them at)

Spiderman, Psb is a good brand, no doubt. However I have not heard the said model myself to comment. But the prices seem to be good. What fronts do the MS package come with?

Thanks for the feedback.

The MS is known as Alumi - MS Alumi not sure what exactly are the specifics.

find out if there is any difference between the PSB Alpha LR1's ( you will get 4 of these in your HT package) and the PSB Alpha B1's

if theres not much differnce get tell the dealer to replace 1 pair if LR1's with the Alpha B1s'
or hell tell him to replace all
the alpha B1's make much better front speakers and they are very musical too ( if you listen to stereo music)

whenyou sell you can sell those alpha B1's easier and almost loose no money( conidering the prices you are getting them at)

I shall check and see what is the difference...

Spiderman

iaudio
i dont own the bookshelves from the Alpha series

i ahve something from the higher series
the Image series bookshelves

Magma,
My bad! I remember that you had bought Psb bookshelves at the end of your Budget speakers- Noobs take( I cant thank you enough for that lovely thread!)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back