Pulled the trigger on Xtreamer

that's great. Congrats on acquiring a new device.
Is SB touch available in the US? It has a touch screen display/ interface so much better for playing music without requiring to turn on the TV/ pj. My xtreamer is gathering dust these days - I assumed the internet radio and good music playing software is already there. My mistake. But I wasn't mistaken in reading that it would be there in fw 2.0 coming getting released on 12th oct. It is NOT there in this firmware so the xtreamer is better kept buried.

regards

Hi Anm

I just picked up a PopcornHour on my current US trip, which is to supplement my Squeezebox, which I use with a Netgear NAS. This(A100) Popcorn doesnt work wirelessly, like my SB 3-which is a really nice piece of gear and is connected via my DAC to my amp. I plan to use it mostly for video, but it also plays a fair number of audio formats-though like your unit, it needs a display-which the SB doesnt.

George

Raj

I got the refurb-they apparently keep coming on from time to time on their site-you need to monitor the site and you will find it. Aftre I bought it, my brother in India also wanted one-it wasnt immediately available, but it suddently popped up and we got one more unit! I have shoe horned a 200GB HDD into it, and once it is on my network, between the option of an external HDD as well as my ReadyNAS, I have enough storage. This device is primarily to use for video-will be connected to my projector.

Anm

The SB 3 has a remote but the reasonably large LED screen isclearly visible on the SB, so one doesnt need any other display device. I havent researched the SB Touch so I dont know what it offers-the SB 3 meets all of my needs quite satisfactorily at this time. Im thinking of upgrading my BSNL account inot a slightly higher bandwidth plan, since it does get a bit choppy while listening to internet radio sometimes.

Back