Pulz rs 250

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
HI All
Getting a PULZ RS 250 at a good price ( Used of course!)

1) Any reviews of this amp?
2) No sign of getting Pre Amp - I am told that I can easily drive by a CD player with volume control - is it true? ( BY RCA Cables)
3) Also I aam told that it has GAIN control which is like volume control is it true?
4) Any images of front and back and any brotures?
5) I am told that service is good - is it true?
6) There are some integrated amps-
where you can disconnect pre power circuitry and use either of them is it advisable?

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

I am planning to use (least for some time) B & W Solid Bookshelf -Passive Sub Combo

Thanks

I might be having the brochure which they had send me by mail. I am not sure if they include front/back pictures
I am also not sure about after sales support.
Since almost more then a year i have been regularly visiting their site and yet they have not put any info in the HOME AUDIO section
Just post your maill address so i can forward you the mail i got from pulz

Have almost 2000 mails stored in my inbox so i will take a little time to go through them. But for sure i will forward the mail

The speaker package you have, the passive sub is also by B&W?

Yes passive speaker also by Solid. Solid is low priced brand of B&W .
Please take your own time.
Thanks

Hi Hemanth,

I use a Pulz RS250. Its a great power amp with one of the best balanced sound. You can listen to it for hours without getting ear fatigue.
Its a Dual Mono Power amp. Its like 2 separate mono amps housed in one cabinet...with 2 separate toroidal power supplies. I guess it's one of the best "separation" one can get.

It has 2 separate volume / gain controls. It can be driven by a CD player or a Discman (as i was doing before getting the Denon). You don't need a pre-amp unless you plan to connect more sources to this amp in the future.

Its a solidly built rack-mountable amp with a sold face-plate and handles. This amp should serve you for years together without any issues. I got mine (a used one) 7 years ago. I had to do some minor repair last month......and i still use it.

-- XandY

Rs 250is a power amp if you want a pre amp made by pulz which they were selling with this power call me on 9821214981

Homiyar

Thanks all and special thanks to Rikhav for such a quick responce.Guys you are rocking!I mean so much info in 12 HRS - and then I am ashamed of being a "lazy bum" member of this forum!

Also a thought - Is preamp does some " value add" or it just avoidable for shorter signal path?

Hi Hemant
For all the info i have taken from the members of hi-fi this meant nothing. It just happened that i had the mail from Pulz and i just forwarded it to you.
I did not do anything special

About the pre-amp, there are gurus here to advice but if you go through the brochure of the pre-amp, it has crossover settings (low pass / high pass) and another things which might benifit you
Ofcourse you can play your music without it also but it would be a welcome addition. So now you can decide.
Also a pre-amp will be a must for you if you are suppose to use multiple sources.

Guys, you can correct me if i am wrong. I am not that experienced as many of you in this field

There are a zillion discussion on Integrated vs Pre/Power on the net. In our own forum this has been discussed before. Please refer to

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/162-integrated-vs-pre-power.html

and

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/162-integrated-vs-pre-power-2.html

I have auditioned a lot of Integrated and pre/power systems from NAD, CA, Parasound, etc. There certainly are differences between the two. But to explain the differences - this goes into the realm of audiophile dreams when they start using words such as "warmth", "spatial sound", "holographic image", etc. I have nothing against any of these terms or their use. But I do believe, you must ultimately buy what is best for your own ears and what does not empty you purse completely.

The Parasound pre/power is awesome. I have heard it with different speakers, and it always sounds sweet and melodious. Of course I am sure there are other companies that also make similar pre/power combination.

One of the many important advantages of a pre/power is when you are using a record player. Pre amplifiers have a special phono stage that captures the very low voltage coming from record players and sending them to the amplifier. But new integrated amplifiers also have special phono inputs for working with record players. One of the silly advantage of a pre/power combination is that you can power the front left and right speakers of a HT system for more clarity.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back