Purchased Denon AVR-1910

Hi,
If you don't mind, i would like to visit your place to audition your system. My parents stay on Pashan road and I visit Pune once in2-3 months.(that way, I have contacted Sonosphere and Suprateep also, both from pune, but could never manage to get time to visit their place):)

Sure. Any time.

OK. Thanks everyone.

I finally got my AVR-1910 for Rs. 41,990. It was still higher than the 38K mentioned at Viola but I guess that the extra 4K is worth the hassle of not driving down to Mumbai, Pune Octroi, etc. Plus, my friend can always support me in case of problems (even if he sends the device to Denon for repairs).

I will continue to use my AM-10 Series II speaker system with this AVR for some time.

Now, before I see a lot of flames, let me explain some backgound. My current HT room has very little room for a large speaker system (it is 10' wide). So while sound is very important to me, the form factor was equally compelling. In 1999, there was nothing that compared to Bose AM-10 Series II that had sound as well as the desired form factor. And even then, though I knew that Bose was expensive and not the best, I had very little choice. Come to think of it, I do not regret my decision. My usage is 95% movies where the Bose system performs satisfactorily (I am very much disturbed when I listen to music on Bose though).

But soon, I will be looking at a new speaker system. Going through the forum archives, people have recommended Q-Accoustics 1010i Cinema package, Wharfedale Diamond series, etc.

Can you suggest me something?
  • Budget is around Rs. 50,000
  • Speaker must be able to handle 90~100W RMS per channel (needless to say, but still ...).
  • The AVR-1910 seemed to be too powerful for Q-Accoustics 1010i
  • Do not have space for 7.1 but if the budget permits 7.1 system that will be great (will think of 7.1 when I move everything out to a better room)
  • Form factor is still important. Wharfedale Diamond series are too big.

You like Jbl/haman/infinity???

India JBL

Need to navigate ,generally their mumbai branch

see last 2 packages

Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

Antonio gallo has fantastic packages but I feel price bracker is more than 50 K....

Send me a pm if you feel ,I can suggest something......
I have no bias against anyone. :)

But as I said, sound as well as form factor will be important.

Polk Audio seems to be a good option. Thanks.

From where you have purchased in Pune ? I got my 2310 at good price around 5 months back..

Back