Purchased Nakamachi Bx-100E

Hari Iyer

Last week I purchased a used Nakamachi Bx-100E for Rs.3000/- from a second hand audio dealer at Mumbai and have been hearing them for a week now. I think this deck is a very good investment looking at its condition (external & Internal) and have delighted me and my wife.

At last i was able to revive all my cassette tape recordings collected over 30 years of my music journey which started from the early 80s. I was so hooked up to the Naks that i forgot about my CD player completely the last week. It brought back many of my old memories which i cherished. Now i have the opportunity to listen to full analogue sound again with the Naks.

The SQ of this deck is quite open in the lows and the mids. At the highs it misses the extra air that a CD player would give but its still okay considering the technology. In some cases the SQ did even beat my CD player and the lows and mids sounded full, rounded and with less strain and harshness.

I again thank my luck for getting hand of this model since my Sony TC-FX-44 deck would not play due to bad mechanism. Hope the Naks are able to serve me equally well as the Sony.

Cheers,:)

Last edited:
Congratulations Sir. It looks very clean. BTW who is the dealer?
His name is Shanker and has is shabby shop near WE highway service road at Santacruz(E). I found this deal in OLX i think. I was lucky that it turned out well. He also many other products like vintage Tube radios, spool tape players etc. If you are nearby you can visit once.

Congrats ......Nakamichi Cassette Decks were most sought after product until Digital took over the market.........

Congrats ......Nakamichi Cassette Decks were most sought after product until Digital took over the market.........

+1 to this. Even today, Nakamichi is most sought after for cassette enthusiasts. I will be myself looking for one in decent shape & budget.

Regards,
Saket

His name is Shanker and has is shabby shop near WE highway service road at Santacruz(E). I found this deal in OLX i think. I was lucky that it turned out well. He also many other products like vintage Tube radios, spool tape players etc. If you are nearby you can visit once.

I am not staying far. Can you pliz PM me the contact details?

Nice buy Hari.
The SQ of this deck is quite open in the lows and the mids. At the highs it misses the extra air that a CD player would give
If you have not already; try listening some original chrome or dolby cassette albums. I guess they will sound good.
Regards.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back