Purchased Panasonic 42XT50D Today

Why I said that is crap ( Junk was going overboard :) )

Negatives about the deal : My Perception

1. At 16K, no one would buy Panasonic, when Sony has much much better product to sell. I asked dealer to offer set at 45-46 and dont offer HT, he said this is non moving item and an outdated product, so he doesnt wanna hold on to such a product.

Also consider, he was ready to offer 2K discount for an old CRT. Hope that put across the point :)

2. HT cannot support HD as suggested by someone @HFV.

Positives about the deal

1. Now if I was not having one, I would have suggested it as a useful product at least. However, its is still of little use given the fact it is a DVD player and USB format support is almost negligible

2. It can be used with Plasma though, in case you have HD connection to enjoy 5.1 sound or say may be with normal DTH as well

Why I said that is crap ( Junk was going overboard :) )

Negatives about the deal : My Perception

1. At 16K, no one would buy Panasonic, when Sony has much much better product to sell. I asked dealer to offer set at 45-46 and dont offer HT, he said this is non moving item and an outdated product, so he doesnt wanna hold on to such a product.

Also consider, he was ready to offer 2K discount for an old CRT. Hope that put across the point :)

2. HT cannot support HD as suggested by someone @HFV.

Positives about the deal

1. Now if I was not having one, I would have suggested it as a useful product at least. However, its is still of little use given the fact it is a DVD player and USB format support is almost negligible

2. It can be used with Plasma though, in case you have HD connection to enjoy 5.1 sound or say may be with normal DTH as well

+1, for once I agree with you...:)

The HT will make sense only for someone who doesnt have an HT nor intends to buy one immediately as it will surely enhance audio from the TV - the quality as mentioned by people is surely not good to be compared with others from Sony, Onkyo etc in same price category..

HI,
I am new to this forum and have seen excellent contributions.
I need help for pany XT 50 D. the problem is that i have connected my pany via LAN cable and can satisfactorily connect to internet via this cable. However i cannot access my PC via media server on the same network nor does my TV detect my android or Ipod for the purpose of viera remote. The pany technician tells me that i need a wifi dongle for this feature. can some one here tell me is whether the netgear dongle makes this TV DLNA compliant. the PANY manual doesnt say so.

Thanks everyone!! Last few days were busy with work and networking. This is what I did

1- Upgraded my broadband connection to 4mbps 30 gb from airtel
2-Connected my TV with ethernet (panasonic/netgear wifi adapter was expensive)
3- Downloaded Panasonic viera remote from android app store
4- Created Media server

An now fully connected and networked I am loving every second of it. Only thing thats bothering me is lack of HD channels on tata sky HD.

Surfing web, watching YT videos and watiching movies (streaming directly from internet & and through media server) is wonderful experience on 42 inch screen, esp with the ease of using my phone's screen as touchpad and keyboard.

Further plans- looking for nice entry level home theatre system. (any suggestions would be of great help)

Will be uploading pics soon :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back