purchasing outside india??

Well if you have the money and can afford it then by all means buy from outside. A lot of high-end stuff is still not available in India, not even the grey market. Even for stuff that's available a high premium is charged which is not justified IMHO.

I will give you two examples. Around 3-4 years ago a friend wanted to buy Bose speakers (now I will not get into whether Bose is good or bad here), but the price quoted in Hyderabad for the speakers was ridiculously exorbitant. Instead we went to Singapore and bought the same speakers and also had a Singapore holiday for the same price.

Last year a friend wanted to have Stanley upholstery for his new car. For the quoted price in Hyderabad what we did was drive down to Bangalore in the new car and spent 2 days in Bangalore partying and also had upholstery by Stanley all for the same price.

On both occasions we had a good holiday, so if you can afford it then better to go abroad and enjoy a holiday too instead of parting with your hard earned money and giving it locally or even the grey market.

but bro other friends said custom duties people here are bad and if i order two subwoofers from hsu which are quite heavy then is it possible for those subwoofers coming to my home :rolleyes:

but bro other friends said custom duties people here are bad and if i order two subwoofers from hsu which are quite heavy then is it possible for those subwoofers coming to my home :rolleyes:

Well even if you buy Hsu from the grey market or a local supplier you will still be charged for all that right? It's not going to be any cheaper buying locally either and that too if it is available in the first place.

Well, if HSU is what interests you, I think I remember reading Venkat saying that he has one here and that there is a dealership which is going to start this year. Maybe you should see what price they offer before deciding to buy from abroad? Just my two rupees.

Shouldn't have to pay any duty whatsoever on a 70 pounds product as duty free limit is 25000/- for items bought in personal luggage.

Thats a cool saving of 8K then :)

The Tanny's are a small package so it shouldn't be a problem to bring :)

Cheers

Thats a cool saving of 8K then :)

The Tanny's are a small package so it shouldn't be a problem to bring :)

Cheers

Is ther otherway to reduce cost?
Say on bill show discount(say 20%) ,then add other cost(VAT,shipping)
so that actual cost shown will be less to reduce duty?
I know it is wrong to discuss,but only for 20%.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back