Purchasing power and preamplifier Tubes

subhobh

Friends - I want to check with you where you purchase power and preamplifier Tubes?

Are you paying import and customs duties in addition? If so, what does the process look like? Sorry, I've never purchased; therefore, asking all the experts can help.

Also, if can you provide some general guidelines with respect to Tube brands.

arj

Staff member
Yes, if you import, you will need to pay the duty. Depending in the rarity of the tube everywhere from ebay to specialized stores like the tubestore can be tried. they all ship with very good packing.

On guidelines, there are as many guidelines as there are views :) and again a lot depends on the kind of tube eg while a telefunken may be great for a 12AX7, for a 6922 you may prefer a Amperex JAN or a mullard for something else

What are you looking for ?

You can read up on brands here.. https://www.thetubestore.com/tube-brands

specifically for 12AX7, Joe's Tube lore discussion in AA is really nice

subhobh

Yes, if you import, you will need to pay the duty. Depending in the rarity of the tube everywhere from ebay to specialized stores like the tubestore can be tried. they all ship with very good packing.

On guidelines, there are as many guidelines as there are views :) and again a lot depends on the kind of tube eg while a telefunken may be great for a 12AX7, for a 6922 you may prefer a Amperex JAN or a mullard for something else

What are you looking for ?

You can read up on brands here.. https://www.thetubestore.com/tube-brands

specifically for 12AX7, Joe's Tube lore discussion in AA is really nice
Thank you, @arj !! This was helpful.

I would be buying a preamp tube pair such as 12AX7 and a power tube quad such as KT66 / KT77 / KT88 / KT90/ KT90 tubes. So, I was looking for general guidance.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.