Pure-Acoustics 'Junior' Speakers

MonitorTheAudio

All, Here is a quick review/feedback or post purchase opinion on Pure Acoustics Speakers, Model - Junior S and C (surrounds and center).

Purchased from Onkyo, Sigma Mall Showroom.

Reason - Have a Onkyo HTS 3100 set up and needed wooden speakers for better imaging and clarity.

What are they
Just went on a casual visit and noticed these. The Fronts were towers and were sold out and these were the only ones left. They have a spec of
4" rubber cone driver , 88dB and 8 Ohm, 140 W RMS handling capacity so capable for a 100 W rcvr as FRONTS. Not biwirable but good speaker terminals..More details on Pure Acoustics, Inc.

Demo
The guys were good and patient enuf to give a demo for Stereo and HT set up. Connected to Onkyo DV SP 406 DVD player and Onkyo SR 307 Rcvr

What did I hear
Smooth sound with good detailing and imaging. They were a little bright (one, coz they were connected to a DVD player, second they r meant for surrounds so justify). The lows were handled well with little cracks or distortion (what wld u get for 65Hz anyway). The manual says 12-16 hrs burning time (fair enuf) before they open up.

Build
Particle board boxes and decent weight of 2Kgs each. But dont let the weight fool you...they do good, and are way ahead of the crappy speakers Onkyo gives you.

Price
Paid 5K for 2 surrounds and a center

This is what i could think of...Pls do go ahead and have a demo of these.

Conclusion
If you are looking for a value for money, these are good. The analogy here is Maruti is a xcellent car for 1.5 Lacs whereas BMW is a great car for 40Lacs. They cant be compared so u decide whats ur need.

I have set them up and welcome anyone for a look. Live in Bangalore. Let me know for anything...

Cheers
Ananth

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back