Puzzled.....pls help....denon or pioneer

Congrats on the new AVR.....

Budget Atmos speakers ...well since its the new thing in the market...a few brands make them and it costs a bit...

Congrats on the new purchase ,review it for the benefit of others and new comers.
Fireconnect offered in this AVR will be a nice feature for the wireless options.

Today I connected the speakers to the vsx 1131.....I had just an hour to test since I have some important personal work to be completed in 2 days time. Anyway I did the auto set up. As usual 2 floorstanders from Polk 440T, a center 150c, two Polk surrounds and a Polk sub paw505. The sound came loud from all 5 spks and the sub vibrated enough......Switch the Set-top airtel box.....put on the HD channel and the video looked crisp on the 120 screen through the Epson HD projector. I cranked up the volume.....almost 80 pct and sound was just ok......completely dejected. The auto calibration was done again and still the sound was just bearable.....completely disgusted. Then I went thru the manual setup.....the details I will give you later. The movie on HD was 'Bang Bang'.. action movie. At half volume...the hall shooked...the slams were just too good.....surrounds were hundred times better then my earlier Denon....there was absolutely no boominess like my earlier Denon. Everything just punched hard and the Sub worked only when required. I could feel the highs so clear, that like it was happening just before me. I still haven't checked Bluerays and network and radio. It's just the beginning and I feel elated having purchased Pioneer. There are two more speaker connections for back surround and atmos. .. Bye for now....I'll feedback again after 2 days.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

One more thing is that the equilizer for the sub provided/inbuilt on the Pioneer avr vsx 1131 helped me out to adjust the frequencies in a more better way. The sub equilizer is a killer. It smoothens the effect and corrects the slam of the sub. My advise to you all are either buy the avr with the sub equilizer provided or buy the sub with the equilizer. It will heaven your sub sound to your liking. After trying out the various frequencies level, the sound blew me away.......

Hi Amedius,

Is Pioneer avr vsx 1131 an Indian model? I could not see it on Pioneer India site to check its spec.

It's Made In Malaysia product that is available in India. It's available on EBay.in. As usual many sites do not get updated specially Indian sites. But I prob think this latest avr vsx-1131 is available throughout Asia.....

I talked to my dealer.He said pionert has come up with several new models.They hav not updated website

I talked to my dealer.He said pionert has come up with several new models.They hav not updated website
Yes...that's true. Websites are not updated speedily specially in India .....that's the problem.

I checked the specs. 1131 is a great buy for sure. It has dts-x and has 10 more watts per channel than 930. Very good decision. I agree the sub eq is a killer feature and helps tremendously. In my room the sub eq has helped so much that the resonance and boom is pretty much gone and i can actually use more gain on the sub to get the punch i want without worrying that it'll be unbearable in some scenes.

And I have just ordered Atmos speakers of Pioneer made by Andrew Jones on Amazon.com s

And I have just ordered Atmos speakers of Pioneer made by Andrew Jones on Amazon.com (Intl site) site at just Rs.12k plus.....

sorry for bumping up an old thread, i m thinking of getting the vsx1131, want to know how the receiver is holding up & any hdmi board issue etc like you had with the denon?

Cheers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back