PV8 42 vs 37 FHD

Vista

I am a movies and games freak ,

Well , heard lot about PV8.

Not able to decide , whether 42 PV8 or 37 FHD .

Guys how is blue ray movies and ps3 games look on PV8 .

Because sometimes i feel its 720p but movies and games would be awesome to watch on big screen..

So Should i compromise with screen to get 37 FHD samsung. or go for PV8 .

Go for the 42 inch if you can afford.

I am a movies and games freak ,

Well , heard lot about PV8.

Not able to decide , whether 42 PV8 or 37 FHD .

Guys how is blue ray movies and ps3 games look on PV8 .

Because sometimes i feel its 720p but movies and games would be awesome to watch on big screen..

So Should i compromise with screen to get 37 FHD samsung. or go for PV8 .

i have read in this blog that you can quite c the diff between HD and FHD above 32 , but from PV8 owners i just want if they can put some clarification on performance of BLUe ray movies/Games on PV8 .

Thanks in advance for your response .

If FHD is on par or in the same price range for the same screen real estate then by all means go for it, otherwise PV8 for the VFM factor.

To answer your specific question, PV8 is great for gaming via the PS3, but I don't have any Blu-Ray content or a Blu-Ray player so cannot comment on that. It is however great for SD content like DVDs, TV, Divx rips, gaming, etc. which are the mainstay of my content. By gaming, I have a Wii at home, a PS3 that a friend drops in with from time to time for a LAN party and both are great on the PV8.

Let me put it this way. I went with the PV8 not because of the cost factor, but more so because I found its PQ to be absolutely stunning and the best compared to all if not most of the LCDs. The only LCD PQ I found stunning and on par/or better than the PV8 was the Sony X Series LCD Full HD, but it was way too expensive and yet the difference in PQ when compared to the PV8 was not so much. If the Sony had much, much better PQ than the PV8 I would have gone with it. But the Sony while it was as good/better than the PV8 in PQ still was not so much better to justify the hefty price tag compared to the PV8 so the PV8 selected itself.

To sum it up, 37" Full HD LCD might be better than PV8 in terms of PQ, and do go for it if its reasonable in terms of the cost factor, otherwise the PV8 will choose itself anyways.

gamers arent satisified they always want better resolution atleast for computer gamers who sit close,so i would defiently go for a FHD screen considering the fact that u have a PS3,which upscales better then most tvs.
but some how i feel new models are going to be launched shortly for eg sony will launch new 37inch tvs with FHD panel and with bravia engine 3.

for watching movies the PV8 for sure, no contest, better picture, bigger screen, etc., and 42 is about the size where the difference between 720p and 1080p starts becoming visible, so a 37" FHD would be a bit of a waste compared to a 37" HD Ready.

But if games are important, then you should definitely consider the LCD, temporary image retention is a problem with plasmas, and while a couple of minutes of normal TV or white screen takes care of it, it's still bit of a hassle.

Since I own one I urge you to consider the samsung plasmas as well A410 or 450 similar prices as the PV8, and with a few areas on which it is stronger than the panny, and a few areas on which it is weaker

Hey Guys , Tomrw Sunday , goin to book my PV8 , again need your confidence to go with it ....

My room is not very big , still big screen tempting me , ;-) ,
yesterday saw blu ray movie on 32 full HD , hope it can be better with PV8 . even watching from 6 - 7 feet . ?

Need your thot ..

itwill look awsome trust me m watchin it from 10 feets and i tht it shd be 46 ... go for it u will feel the ideal home theatre item for sure:cool:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back