PV8 in bangalore

hastagiri

Hi,

I am a newbie. I was amazed at the wonderful forum and all the insights provided here. After a lot of time and effort, I had zeroed in last week on the 42pv8 and was very happy to know that it was the right decision by looking at the forum discussions. If i had visited this forum, i could have saved myself countless visits to showrooms and also saved me the trouble of interacting with the useless store executives.

Coming to my main question, I want to know the best place to get the pv8 from. I got a quote of 48000 (with free tata-sky and wireless headphone) from reliance digital. I got a quote of 45,500 from Devi electronics. But i think it can go cheaper. I was looking at getting it around 43k. Please let me know the course of action.

thanks

Hi,

I am a newbie. I was amazed at the wonderful forum and all the insights provided here. After a lot of time and effort, I had zeroed in last week on the 42pv8 and was very happy to know that it was the right decision by looking at the forum discussions. If i had visited this forum, i could have saved myself countless visits to showrooms and also saved me the trouble of interacting with the useless store executives.

Coming to my main question, I want to know the best place to get the pv8 from. I got a quote of 48000 (with free tata-sky and wireless headphone) from reliance digital. I got a quote of 45,500 from Devi electronics. But i think it can go cheaper. I was looking at getting it around 43k. Please let me know the course of action.

thanks

Go back to reliance digital and negotiate, tell them you are getting the same offer for 45k, they will match the price ...which i feel is a good deal if they are giving tata sky and wireless headphones free.

Plus i feel prices to come down by end of month once the new X10 models get launched.
Also the price difference between PV8 & PV80 is not much so u can look at that model too.

I am sure that even Devi Int can drop the price to 44K.

Agreed he may drop the price further by another 1 or 2k, but if you are getting TS & wireless headphones free it is a good deal.

If you already have DTH and are not interested in TS & Wireless headphones, then talk to Devi

Thanks. Will talk to reliance again. But one out of place question - is reception better in sun direct than TS? if so, i will talk to devi and try get the TV alone for around 44k.

A forum member has picked PV8 for 44200 from Devi Int, a couple of days back. It has been mentioned in another thread.

Read other posts about othr brands plasma... there are absymally low salesfigures quoted about plasma ...f it is true In india companies will immidiatly withdraw support for plasma technology....think over it!

Thanks everyone. Got PV8 from reliance digital for 47k including tata sky and TCL wireless headphones. installed tata-sky too. was a great experience watching on the big screen. watched Hi-Res movie - Sweeney Todd from my PC on the TV.Still very scared of the burn-in problem and i am switching off the TV or switching to static noise for every 20 mins of viewing :D . The following is my setup:

42PV8
creative 5.1 sound card
creative SBS 4.1 speakers
Connected to my 8800GTS with component cable (y/pb/pr)
tataSky with the mega annual package.

I had a few queries.
#is the tata sky logo a potential problem for the burn-in issue?
#any special care to be taken for PC input?
#which connection among the following will give me best quality : s-video, component or VGA
#where can i get a good DVI-HDMI cable in bangalore for around 400-500 (ebay price :))

thanks a ton to all esp. madbullram for all the info provided on the PV8. I will be a regular contributor here from now on.

By the way , quotes from various dealers in bangalore:

E-Zone - out of stock. delivery in a week. last price: 46.5k
devi - 45.5 - best price over phone
reliance digital : 45.5 for TV alone. 46 for TV with wireless headphone. 47 with tata sky and wireless headphone
panasonic brand store : 46.5

panasonic brand shop was quoting Rs.48 k for pv8, and bluntly refused to reduce the rate.

talk with your credit card out and say if they fail to match Devi's offer of 45k you are going out and that will bring the price down to 46.5 although he did not go below that.

PV8 was my first choice but its power consumption was too high, and I was not sure if my power backup would support it along with light and fans in case of power cuts.

I finally made the purchase this week, (in Delhi)

42LH70yr for 66K, its the scarlet 2 with bluetooth.

other price quotes that i got n enquired in the process:

42PV8 - 40K rhythm house noida
42PQ60 - 42K lg shoppe GZB, 43.5K Delhi, dealers in noida were not ready for anything less than 48K
42LG80FR - though my first choice wasn't available anywhere easily, although I got quotes as low as 60K and those who had it in stock were quoting 64K+

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back