Q Acoustics 3020i Vs Pioneer SP BS-22

J Akshay

Planning to set up my first 5.1 HT. For the LCR speakers, I have a dilemma between
1. Q Acoustics 3020i with 3090Ci center channel
2. Pioneer SP BS-22 with SP C22 center channel

The room is are 10ft x 10ft x 10ft

So which one would be better for movies ?. The system will have a sub ( mostly SVS PB 1000).

Planning to set up my first 5.1 HT. For the LCR speakers, I have a dilemma between
1. Q Acoustics 3020i with 3090Ci center channel
2. Pioneer SP BS-22 with SP C22 center channel

The room is are 10ft x 10ft x 10ft

So which one would be better for movies ?. The system will have a sub ( mostly SVS PB 1000).
Qacoustics will be better when we compare between this two. Also it would be better if you share your avr details and budget so FM can suggest better options

Qacoustics will be better when we compare between this two. Also it would be better if you share your avr details and budget so FM can suggest better options
Thank you.
My budget is 1.3 Lakh can stretch to 1.5 Lakh. I do not own an AVR.
This will be my first home theatre set up. So I have decided to go with 5.1 as my room is small and I have an upper limit on the budget.

I will suggest you to go with Pioneer C22 and B22 and put more money in quality av receiver with 9 channels amplification. Later on you can add speakers and can use this pioneer as surround speakers. I have auditioned these Pioneer and they are great for the money. Pioneer C22 is huge speaker and can eat lots of space. Make sure you have sufficient space for this speaker. Q Acoustic Q3000i series is quite popular among FM but this will eat lots of your budget and your have no option other than to go for mediocre av receiver. If you purchase mid to high segment avr you can enjoy it for at least next five years but if you go for entry level within a year you will run for upgradation. So within this five years you can upgrade to quality speakers with minimal loss. Pioneer can work as great surround speakers even if you upgrade to just front L&R and Center in future.

I will suggest you to go with Pioneer C22 and B22 and put more money in quality av receiver with 9 channels amplification. Later on you can add speakers and can use this pioneer as surround speakers. I have auditioned these Pioneer and they are great for the money. Pioneer C22 is huge speaker and can eat lots of space. Make sure you have sufficient space for this speaker. Q Acoustic Q3000i series is quite popular among FM but this will eat lots of your budget and your have no option other than to go for mediocre av receiver. If you purchase mid to high segment avr you can enjoy it for at least next five years but if you go for entry level within a year you will run for upgradation. So within this five years you can upgrade to quality speakers with minimal loss. Pioneer can work as great surround speakers even if you upgrade to just front L&R and Center in future.
Thank you very much, that actually seems like the better option. Could you please suggest a good reciever. I don't need network capability.

As of now I am planning to use the room and for 10 x 10 I think 5.1 may be the limit.I am not very keen on Atmos.

Last edited:
Thank you.
My budget is 1.3 Lakh can stretch to 1.5 Lakh. I do not own an AVR.
This will be my first home theatre set up. So I have decided to go with 5.1 as my room is small and I have an upper limit on the budget.
Hey Akshay,
You can go ahead with mid range 7.2 Avr for 50k. Marantz and denon are most common brands followed by Yamaha, pioneer. I personally prefer denon. You can check with your local dealers for a better price. You can start with audition for floor standing speakers which will fit into your budget. You can start with 3.0 or 3.1 setup later add surrounds.
You can audition qacoustics elac along with Indian brands like eightaudio and indiqaudio.
I m using indiqaudio for the last 6 months and I m very satisfied with it. They come with 15 days trial.

Hey Akshay,
You can go ahead with mid range 7.2 Avr for 50k. Marantz and denon are most common brands followed by Yamaha, pioneer. I personally prefer denon. You can check with your local dealers for a better price. You can start with audition for floor standing speakers which will fit into your budget. You can start with 3.0 or 3.1 setup later add surrounds.
You can audition qacoustics elac along with Indian brands like eightaudio and indiqaudio.
I m using indiqaudio for the last 6 months and I m very satisfied with it. They come with 15 days trial.
Thank you for the advice. i will look into Denon and Marantz receivers.

The Pioneers were my first speakers, they are great, but require a lot of power to come into thier own
The QAcosutics i suspect will work better with the power of a typical AVR

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back