Q acoustics 3020i Vs PSB Alpha P5

waris

Dear FMs,
I came across PSB Alpha P5 speakers.
Link-
The reviewer has given positive reviews for PSB.How do they compare to Q acoustics 3020i.
I will buy a matching center speaker.

Also suggest an AVR to go with these . Is Yamaha 685 a good choice compared to Denon 2600.
Usage is 60% movies, 40% music.
I will be completing the HT with Atmos and sorrounds.

I haven't auditioned Alpha P5 so can't speak about that but 3020i. My money will be on 3020i, it produces rich, warm sounds and suitable for both Music and Movies. As far as AVR is concerned, I feel Yamaha shines in Music and Denon in Movies. Both RX-V685 and X2600H support ATMOS and perform quite similarly.

Price is also a strong deciding factor.

QA 3020i+3090Ci = ₹39,800 (Hifimart)
Psb Alpha P5+C10 = ₹51,040 (Hifimart)

I had auditioned Q Acoustics 3020i, PSB Alpha P5, Dali Oberon among others. Amongst QA and PSB, my preference was QA. I listened to them purely from from stereo standpoint and not HT. QAs were extremely musical but lacking a bit at the low end. PSB was well rounded but I found them tad bit boring(non fatiguing) .

I preferred Dali's over the QA though. Like many have mentioned, 3020i is VFM. 3030i makes up for the low end but they are again quite pricey in comparison.

If budget is constraint and if you add sub, QA 3020i would be my choice.

I had auditioned Q Acoustics 3020i, PSB Alpha P5, Dali Oberon among others. Amongst QA and PSB, my preference was QA. I listened to them purely from from stereo standpoint and not HT. QAs were extremely musical but lacking a bit at the low end. PSB was well rounded but I found them tad bit boring(non fatiguing) .

I preferred Dali's over the QA though. Like many have mentioned, 3020i is VFM. 3030i makes up for the low end but they are again quite pricey in comparison.

If budget is constraint and if you add sub, QA 3020i would be my choice.
Did you like the Oberon more than 3030i??

Did you like the Oberon more than 3030i??
I preferred the Oberons overall presentation over the QA. But that's just me, best would be to audition. My brother who accompanied me for the auditions preferred QAs.

Again Oberon 3s cost more dough as well. So again VFM would be QA, if it means anything they are extremely aesthetic as well!

I haven't heard the older models for that matter not even Zensors. But Oberons were neat in all spectrum mid range, treble and adequate low end. 1s were better than 3020i to my ears.

Also these were my takeaways from audition of few hours.

All said and done, one can't really go wrong with either, just boils down to personal preference.

Price is also a strong deciding factor.

QA 3020i+3090Ci = ₹39,800 (Hifimart)
Psb Alpha P5+C10 = ₹51,040 (Hifimart)
How do I get the QA package at that price? Online prices are slightly higher. Can you please PM me.

I haven't heard the older models for that matter not even Zensors. But Oberons were neat in all spectrum mid range, treble and adequate low end. 1s were better than 3020i to my ears.

Also these were my takeaways from audition of few hours.

All said and done, one can't really go wrong with either, just boils down to personal preference.

When I had enquired with Dali between Zensor & Oberon, they advised for Oberon as it was supposed to be better in refinement & technology besides the fact that it was just introduced too. They are voiced with their grills on. Their retro grills are quite appealing.
But on the other hand, there have been people who have also preferred Zensors over Oberons.
In the end, everything boils down to personal taste.

Thank you everyone for your views. At what-hifi they have praised Dali Spektor 2 over Q acoustics 3020i.
I am not able to audition them as no dealer keeps them in my city.
In you tube videos 3020i sounded soft to me I.e. lacking in bass.
Please note that it's movies + music usage.
My takeaway that I need a sub for 3020i for HT Duty, which sub would you suggest in 30k?
For sorround do I take 3020i/3010i or any other speaker ?
Coming to AVR is Denon x1600 good enough or do I need x2600 or any other suggestions for my usage.
Thank you for the support

Thank you everyone for your views. At what-hifi they have praised Dali Spektor 2 over Q acoustics 3020i.
I am not able to audition them as no dealer keeps them in my city.
In you tube videos 3020i sounded soft to me I.e. lacking in bass.
Please note that it's movies + music usage.
My takeaway that I need a sub for 3020i for HT Duty, which sub would you suggest in 30k?
For sorround do I take 3020i/3010i or any other speaker ?
Coming to AVR is Denon x1600 good enough or do I need x2600 or any other suggestions for my usage.
Thank you for the support
Interesting..few of the FMs told me that 3020i have good bass and thats the reason they come with foam bungs in the box which you can plug in rear port to reduce the bass if you want.
For stereo mode they might be do without Sub, but for music SW is always preferred. But my personal opinion is to start with FLR or FLCR and add Sub.
Enjoy the journey

I found this video of sound demo. Q acoustics sound a little bright to me.
Below is the link for Polk RTIA3
To me it sounds like RTIA3 has more bass.
I am actually liking it's sound.
I request FMs to guide me in selecting. Please note that they will be wall mounted.

If you are comparing RTIA3, more pertinent speaker range from QA would be 3030i.

I believe Dalis do mention they can be wall mounted not so sure about QA. Maybe the reason QA provide the foam plugs to avoid bass boom if placed too close to the wall. Both Oberon and 30XXi are rear ported.

Have not heard the Polks but they have good reviews and user feedback as well though they are a bit dated. These are front ported, may not cause as much boom if wall mounted.

Others who have experience can help you with RTIs.

If you feel QAs are bright, you may like PSBs.

I found this video of sound demo. Q acoustics sound a little bright to me.
Below is the link for Polk RTIA3
To me it sounds like RTIA3 has more bass.
I am actually liking it's sound.
I request FMs to guide me in selecting. Please note that they will be wall mounted.
The Elac Debut B6 has great reviews too & it’s front ported as well. In fact I had finalised the 3030i but eventually decided to postponed the purchase till I can audition. Don’t want to go wrong with the low end as I don’t want to add a subwoofer.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back