Q Acoustics 3030i or Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

It's very deep. I have to place it very close to the wall to fit it on my TV unit and probably have to use port bungs to avoid boomy bass.

So I figured that 3020i would be better fit for my needs.
Then you should have order some front ported speakers.. 3020i need some free space in the back to shine.. I am using it currently..

I came back from the Acoustic Portrait auditions earlier today. I had taken my Elac 2.0 B5.2 speakers with me to see how they played with the Acoustic Portrait Swara v2 integrated amp.
First I heard the AP bookshelf speakers themselves to get an understanding of how they sound in their home environment. They were well rounded and had great bass and soundstage as well.
I listened to Dire Straits, some Jazz and Eric Clapton.
Thereafter I switched the speakers to Elac. I had already heard them with the Cambridge Audio at home, where I found the music to be transparent, even bright. Here it seemed like the sharp edges had been smoothened out, great soundstage and bass. I don't think I'd really need my subwoofer with the Swara, the bass was enough to meet my requirement. I did not find a major difference in sound from the AP bookshelves themselves, maybe a tad brighter. The Swara v2 Integrated amp looks great, has a volume knob and power button. They also give a remote with it, which has volume and source changer control(didn't see a source control on the amp itself) - though I felt that the remote quality was more like that of one of the cheap soundbars(can be ignored if you're after the music).
I also heard their floorstander speakers with the pre and power amp, this is an amazing combination once again. Great soundstage, rounded high frequencies and I could hear the fingers on the guitar strings.
All in all, I'm convinced that the Swara v2 amp is a good match for the Elac B5.2s. Going to place my order with AP. They also promised a pre out for my sub woofer on the amp as well, at an additional cost.
Overall, an enjoyable and fruitful music filled day.
My Acoustic Portrait Swara amp is on the way, should get it in the next 2 hours, traffic in Bangalore permitting!

Mod: please do not post for sale here,

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale's go well with Marantz pm6007. Have Paired Marantz Pm 6007 with Wharfedale D320 Bookshelf (now out of stock). They performed amazingly well. Beyond my Expectations. With little hassles of Placement.

Elac debut 2 B 5.2 Wont sound that good with Marantz pm6007. Have tried it. Have a Denon PMA600ne and drives the Elacs reasonably well. I think because its 70 wats per channel Amp. For better Performance Placement of Elacs Should be a bit away from the wall. Rear plus side walls. Also should be Stand mounted.
As I mentioned earlier as well , Elac Debut series needs powerful/ premium amps in the 1.5-2L range bracket.

Wharfedale's go well with Marantz pm6007. Have Paired Marantz Pm 6007 with Wharfedale D320 Bookshelf (now out of stock). They performed amazingly well. Beyond my Expectations. With little hassles of Placement.
Thats very true in my experience as well. I have tried out the Evo 4.2 and it sounds better with the Marantz PM6006 than the Cambridge Audio CXA81 to my ears.

Thats very true in my experience as well. I have tried out the Evo 4.2 and it sounds better with the Marantz PM6006 than the Cambridge Audio CXA81 to my ears.
What pairs well with the QAs? Does anyone know? Budget suggestions please.

Marantz does. For that matter, I've seldom heard an unpleasant pairing with the Marantz whereas i can't say the same about other budget/higher end amps I've heard.

While it is the commonplace and rather unadventurous choice, you can be reasonably assured that the PM6007 is also a safe choice that you cannot go wrong with.

Marantz does. For that matter, I've seldom heard an unpleasant pairing with the Marantz whereas i can't say the same about other budget/higher end amps I've heard.

While it is the commonplace and rather unadventurous choice, you can be reasonably assured that the PM6007 is also a safe choice that you cannot go wrong with.
Yes , the QAs are easy to drive and pair very well with Marantz 6xxx series.
If you can source a preloved Marantz 8xxx , even better. With the 8 series , the mids are even more fleshed out and the bass more in control.

I have a Harman AVR 240. What speakers would it pair well with?
What speakers to buy for a Norge audio amplifier?

I have a Harman AVR 240. What speakers would it pair well with?
What speakers to buy for a Norge audio amplifier?
Not familiar with either amp. Choose a speaker that is easy to drive as per user experience or something which has high sensitivity.

I have elac 6.2 with Denonx250bt, capable of 90w @ 6ohms. I feel its more than enough for 6.2. i stream my hires songs from rpi4 via hdmi to AVR. I never had the need to go past 60 in volume. It sounded big enough and brought lot out of 6.2. I'm not so sure about this "more power hungry" thing going around, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't tried out any other amps in my setup or don't have years of experience in this audio world either, but the 250bt was enough to drive the speakers from my experience.

@op how the Elac sounds with the Swara? Is the placement easy Being front ported? How is the bass without subwoofer? How it handles the classical music and its dynamic range?

I’m playing 3030i thru an Allo boss player and a 30w Allo volt+ amp. Playing spotify, yt music and Apple Music and I am completely satisfied. I do wish to compare with a good integrated amp sometimes to see how this could possibly get any better.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back