Q Acoustics 3060s Subwoofer for stereo setup

Well then drop the crossover further till the mudiness goes away, a floorstander would have been a better solution to your problem, it would have given you the scale as well as better extension in the bass (compared to your bookshelf and not a sub) without the fussiness of a subwoofer (by this I dont mean FS's are a replacemnet for subs). Now that you have a sub, you'll have to keep tinkering little by little with the crossover and gain till you have it to your liking.

The answer was a Floorstander.

Thats ok to where its pointing, pull it out if possible and see if there a reduction in boom without compromising the impact
Would floor standers be suitable for a small room of 11*12 ft?

Yes, if you have the option to pull them away from the rear wall by 1-1.5ft then rear ported will be good if not then front port flooratander will also work good

Please share your thoughts on as to why.
12 × 11 for music stereo listening good quality sounding bookshelf speakers ( 'P'M'C' tannoy ' spendor ' A'T'C' opera audio ' triangle ' A'A'D' monitor audio platinum ' or any scanspeak or seas drives bookshelf speakers )

Question,
1. If I installed bass traps would that control the boomy bass?
2. Do subwoofer cables matter? (I currently have a Bluerigger Sub cable)

Question,
1. If I installed bass traps would that control the boomy bass?
2. Do subwoofer cables matter? (I currently have a Bluerigger Sub cable)
Adding room treatment, furniture, cables, racks, isolation platforms etc etc can add refinement to the product or setup but not change its fundamental.

Hence a bass trap or cable might refine the low end a little but it will not transform the subwoofer. Your sub will still fall out of its element post 50-55hz.

Honest advice if you are not happy with it (quite evident) try selling it and put the money into the equipment that brings about the change you want.

Adding room treatment, furniture, cables, racks, isolation platforms etc etc can add refinement to the product or setup but not change its fundamental.

Hence a bass trap or cable might refine the low end a little but it will not transform the subwoofer. Your sub will still fall out of its element post 50-55hz.

Honest advice if you are not happy with it (quite evident) try selling it and put the money into the equipment that brings about the change you want.
I have now changed the sub cable to Bluerigger, set the crossover at 80 and gain at 10 O'clock. The sound has improved even though it is still a little boomy with some tracks.
I am wondering if the cable has made some change because that surprises me. Also I am thinking if I should add some corner bass traps and maybe that will improve the sound further.

I have now changed the sub cable to Bluerigger, set the crossover at 80 and gain at 10 O'clock. The sound has improved even though it is still a little boomy with some tracks.
I am wondering if the cable has made some change because that surprises me. Also I am thinking if I should add some corner bass traps and maybe that will improve the sound further.
Every song will not sound perfect because of the recording so you need to find a sweet spot where most of them sound as you like and that's pretty much job done. Bass traps is upto you, not sure how that would contribute as i have no clue of what the room looks like or the extent of boom there is, so call it a gamble and its upto you.

Definitely sir cables do
Now, I have to check all my cables.

My speaker cables for Elac b6.2,

Coaxial audio cable,

Subwoofer cable,

Not sure if they are good enough.

Cables, as far as I know make very little difference, which is not worth heavy investment. A decent 16 awg-Ofc cable will suffice for speakers and an Amazonbasic Sub cable will be sufficient for your sub. I have tried Rs.7k subwoofer cables 12 years back and it made no difference.

Yesss. Corner basstraps will refine the bass further. If you have normal acoustic panels put them on the corners and check if you hear any difference. If yes, basstraps will improve the sound more than the panels would have done.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back