Q Acoustics M20

Just ordered M20 HD after deciding between M20 HD, HiVi D1090 and Edifier S1000.
I hope all goes well since I've never personally heard any of the above mentioned speakers and decision was purely based on research of over a month.

Just ordered M20 HD after deciding between M20 HD, HiVi D1090 and Edifier S1000.
I hope all goes well since I've never personally heard any of the above mentioned speakers and decision was purely based on research of over a month.
I received them yesterday, playing flac files through usb connection from a Windows laptop improves sound quality a lot. But I didn't required any driver installation. I'm really liking them more as the time goes by.

Question for fellow Owners of M20 HD:
Is it just plug and play for usb connection also without need of any driver installation?

I received them yesterday, playing flac files through usb connection from a Windows laptop improves sound quality a lot. But I didn't required any driver installation. I'm really liking them more as the time goes by.

Question for fellow Owners of M20 HD:
Is it just plug and play for usb connection also without need of any driver installation?
Drive will get installed automatically as you connect your speakers to PC through USB. Please refer to page no. 8 in the user manual.

I have used them and they are great when paired with tv, better than any soundbar in that price or even higher. For music found them bass heavy.
It's all about the room and the placement of the speakers within. A friend who has a pair found them bass shy as his room isn't ideally shaped with limited placement options 🤷‍♂️

In my own room, there are two positions where i place my speakers and one of them results in the bass being just about adequate (position A) whereas the other gives a deep and substantial response almost negating the requirement for a subwoofer (position B).

Did you try to manage the bass response through the three toggle settings in the back for close/mid/far placement?

Last edited:
It's all about the room and the placement of the speakers within. A friend who has a pair found them bass shy as his room isn't ideally shaped with limited placement options 🤷‍♂️

In my own room, there are two positions where i place my speakers and one of them results in the bass being just about adequate (position A) whereas the other gives a deep and substantial response almost negating the requirement for a subwoofer (position B).

Did you try to manage the bass response through the three toggle settings in the back for close/mid/far placement?
Yes i did manage the response. Anyways I have sold them off for a traditional stereo setup as the stereo performance for music wasn't to my liking.

But i recommend them instead of soundbar at similar prices if you have the space.

I am planning to buy Q Acoustics M20 once it comes back in stock at a price of 32k-33k.

I have a spare Onkyo SKW-580 Bass Reflex Powered Subwoofer (10 inch / 120 W / Down-Firing / Output Level Control).

Will it be adequate to use with M20?

Attachments

• Onkyo SW.png
    Onkyo SW.png
    412.6 KB · Views: 8
I am planning to buy Q Acoustics M20 once it comes back in stock at a price of 32k-33k.

I have a spare Onkyo SKW-580 Bass Reflex Powered Subwoofer (10 inch / 120 W / Down-Firing / Output Level Control).

Will it be adequate to use with M20?
Even I was considering to buy this one, checked with hifimart team looks like it would take some time based on their response.

Regarding the subwoofer looking at the spec IMO it should be fine. How well it performs in actual you might need to tell us once connected 😊

Even I was considering to buy this one, checked with hifimart team looks like it would take some time based on their response.

Regarding the subwoofer looking at the spec IMO it should be fine. How well it performs in actual you might need to tell us once connected 😊
Looks like it will take even more time for new stock. Some dealers are hinting that this product might be discontinued. Any other alternative ?

Back