Q Acoustics M20

@DB1989 The QA M20 goes on sale for 31,800 in hifimart. I guess this is a good deal. Do you have any other suggestions at this range which has similar output?
Even at 40K, the M20HD is a deal.

The Hivi Swans D1090 (approx 27k) has greater output (6.5 inch driver) with a more dynamic and exciting albeit "brighter" presentation than the M20HD. And in a small/mid size room, a subwoofer is optional as it digs down to 38hz without any issues. You won't be missing out when it comes to resolution either. A matter of personal preference entirely.

I prefer the M20HD as its a more flexible product (sub-out, L/R channel swapping, USB in, better Bluetooth, nicer looks) but I've known a few who prefer the D1090. It is a giant killer in my books if you like its tonality.

Last edited:
The Hivi Swans D1090 (approx 27k) has greater output
Yeah, I'm looking to that as well. Right now it's 5k difference between both (maybe with card discounts it'll be around 8k difference) and guess I won't notice any difference between both of them (as per the reviews on internet) also I haven't used any speakers like this before (I'm rocking with Tribit maxsound speakers for my PC so far). The only setup I had tried in the past is Onkyo 5.1 setup which borrowed from friend for a month for movie watching and I liked it. Never experienced hi-res / active speakers so far.

@DB1989 Is Hivi D1200 upgraded version of D1090? Or is it just the name is like that!

@prettycommonman I'm in the same boat, deciding between the M20 or D1090 - leaning towards HiVi but I'm sceptical about service, even though Amazon does provide 1-year warranty extension. However, even QA seems patchy unless you're in Tier-1 city (I'm in Tier 3)

@prettycommonman I'm in the same boat, deciding between the M20 or D1090 - leaning towards HiVi but I'm sceptical about service, even though Amazon does provide 1-year warranty extension. However, even QA seems patchy unless you're in Tier-1 city (I'm in Tier 3)
Then most likely the( Tier 3 city ) kind of delays in getting service would apply to both the products. However Amazon seems better when it comes to service & also that their entire ecosystem is closely knit which makes it easier for customers to reach out when things go sour. However the D1090 packs a punch way above it's form factor. Would be great if you audition them before u choose your poison😁.

Edifier R2850Db

wonder how this is assuming it does not sound boxy. but knowing Edifier, these guys are very capable. they also build the much higher priced AirPulse range.

mxw_1440,f_auto.jpg

Amazon seems better when it comes to service
I think that is ok until the replacement period ends (and for amazon brand products) but when it was a different seller then I guess we'll just get the service provider info and we need to handle the rest just like any other products warranty claims. Amazon won't take responsibility for the warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

@rag_s Give an update once you make a decision. Maybe if you got a chance to hear them in person let me know your thoughts.

I think that is ok until the replacement period ends (and for amazon brand products) but when it was a different seller then I guess we'll just get the service provider info and we need to handle the rest just like any other products warranty claims. Amazon won't take responsibility for the warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
Beyond the return period, warranty is taken care of by the brand. At the time of purchase itself, you can also opt for am extended full coverage warranty which is where the real deal is. They guarantee 7 day repair failing which, they'll give you a replacement or full refund.

Guess @DB1989 gave you a better picture of how it works.Its just that with Amazon the Seller is bothered about his ratings & may even try from his end to work with the Brand & get your issue resolved asap ( No seller would like a nasty feedback incase there's nothing he can do & has to depend on the brand) .He may coax the Brand to fix your concern.If you are really particular then maybe initiate a email chain with seller & get max confirmation from his end as talking over the phone might not be feasible.

Edifier R2850Db

wonder how this is assuming it does not sound boxy. but knowing Edifier, these guys are very capable. they also build the much higher priced AirPulse range.

View attachment 74217
They do look the part, curious how they sound though. Edifier can surely pull it off at times ,especially when it's their top line stuff like you mentioned.How much would these be priced in India?

They do look the part, curious how they sound though. Edifier can surely pull it off at times ,especially when it's their top line stuff like you mentioned.How much would these be priced in India?
these go for anywhere between 25k and 30k

I had a very brief stint with the Edifier 1280dbs. They were shockingly poor speakers with potato quality bluetooth. I sold them to the first schmuck i could find on OLX. Of course, no representations were made about their performance - i let the brand dictate expectations and simply asked people to read reviews online 😋.

Before i get showered with flak, i feel compelled to state that I started out with the Altec Lansing MX5021. They were stonking good for the money, subwoofer et al. A few months of maggi diet well spent. My pair has burnt out after one too many college parties back in the day but i recently heard an old pair in a certain cafe and the experience reaffirmed that they would absolutely destroy the 1280dbs every day of the week and twice on sunday.

The airpulse has some scathing reviews too though i’d love to hear them someday. Trying to keep an open mind for now (but failing miserably).

I had a very brief stint with the Edifier 1280dbs. They were shockingly poor speakers with potato quality bluetooth. I sold them to the first schmuck i could find on OLX. Of course, no representations were made about their performance - i let the brand dictate expectations and simply asked people to read reviews online 😋.

Before i get showered with flak, i feel compelled to state that I started out with the Altec Lansing MX5021. They were stonking good for the money, subwoofer et al. A few months of maggi diet well spent. My pair has burnt out after one too many college parties back in the day but i recently heard an old pair in a certain cafe and the experience reaffirmed that they would absolutely destroy the 1280dbs every day of the week and twice on sunday.

The airpulse has some scathing reviews too though i’d love to hear them someday. Trying to keep an open mind for now (but failing miserably).
Zero Flak, u didn't swindle no one ..u had a product to sell & did just that (smarty pants didn't even describe them in his own words) n let the reviews online speak. The best bit was - Altec destroying edifier everyday of the week n twice Sunday's🤣🤣, you have a way with ur descriptions... lol

Hi, if I buy Q Acoustics M20s from Amazon, would it be covered under warranty in India and can I receive after sales service without issues? Amazon page does mention 1 year warranty, would the warranty be honored?
Hi Overlord, I know this post is a few months old, but I'd like to add a point.
I got gifted a pair of Klipsch in December 2020, bought from Amazon. Enjoyed them for a couple of years, till they started acting up a couple of months ago.
I reached back to the friend who had gifted them, and they traced the Amazon invoice. But for the life of us, we couldn't trace the 'seller'. We were quite diligent, but Amazon kept saying contact seller, when we could just not locate even their name.
Ergo, there are quite a few fly-by-night operators on Amazon.

With issues being faced frequently these days, even after official purchase etc (including as above, it's not that the unit was replaced) just go with whoever gives you the best price/deal.
In Amazon currently the seller is Amazon itself so they will definitely honour the warranty & there's a 0 int emi as well.
I'd respectfully like to disagree with deep_ for the above reasons.
Better to find a brick-and-mortar, or at the least, a known Indian audio distributor or retailer.

Problem is the onus of honoring warranty is on the manufacturer/distributor.

I have 'heard' Cinebels denies warranty on Klipsch products when bought from Amazon. This is just based off a review so it might not be fully accurate.
Kindda makes sense. If Cinebels is the auth dealer in India, and we didn't buy from Cinebels, then how can Cinebels even intervene?
Genuine question, cos, when I wrote to Klipsch, they directed me to Cinebels, who in turn asked, who is your seller, and the circle just completed itself, cos, we just couldn't locate our seller.

I guess, even if the seller is "Amazon", there is no way Cinebels is gonna step in.

All not to say how these fellows act is right, but it always serves us to be in the know, and the how. :)

Whereas, driving a hard bargain with a hifimart/auth dealer might be too exhausting, but hey, at the end of the day, you know who to collar when things go south. :)

Regards

Last edited:
Hi -

Bought QA-M20's.(Walnut) They sound great just used only with Bluetooth. Smooth Sounding and very pleasing to ears.

Can RCA line-level inputs be used to connect to any steaming amplifier(Say WiiM mini) ?
Pl suggest good optical cable for connecting to TV.
Also, is it worth to buy good Speaker Cable with Banana Plugs ? If so, pl do suggest.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi -

Bought QA-M20's.(Walnut) They sound great just used only with Bluetooth. Sound smooth and very pleasing to ears.

Can RCA line-level inputs be used to connect to any steaming amplifier(Say WiiM mini) ?
Better to use the digital out from streamers and let the internal DAC of the M20HD do the DA conversion.
Pl suggest good optical cable for connecting to TV.
Amazonbasics will do just fine. No point spending on fancy stuff. I've found no difference insofar as the M20HD is concerned.
Also, is it worth to buy good Speaker Cable with Banana Plugs ? If so, pl do suggest.
Not at all. The bundled cable is fine and sufficient.

While the itch to improve performance will inevitably manifest every now and then, there's very little you can do to improve the performance in an all in one system.

To improve performance for music, the WIIM is sufficient.

While the itch to improve performance will inevitably manifest every now and then, there's very little you can do to improve the performance in an all in one system.

Thank you for the inputs.

Hi -

What is reliability of M20HD, is a decent subwoofer is added. I have read some issues with these speakers, if a Sub is added?

Can you recommend any Subwoofers ? (around 25 to 30k)

Thanks

Hi -

What is reliability of M20HD, is a decent subwoofer is added. I have read some issues with these speakers, if a Sub is added?
That's surprising to hear. I've connected my M20HD to a number of subwoofers (REL T9i, Mission QX-12, Mission MS450) and not faced any issues till date. And that should be the case - the sub out is merely an RCA out and should not affect the internal amplification of the M20HD.
Can you recommend any Subwoofers ? (around 25 to 30k).
Mission QX-12, JBL A120P, PSB Alpha S20 are some decent candidates in the price range.

Not at all. Click on the link and you'll be rewarded.
Just googled verifpro - and results are flooded with links posted everywhere in last 24 hours :) The same message. I do not want to be rewarded, I think!

Where can I get audition of QA M20 in Gurgaon (or Delhi)?

Want to check it before placing my order (most probably on Hifimart).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back