QAcoustics Q B12 or SVS SB 2000?

vj_box

Hi everyone, been looking to add/upgrade a sub at my studio. Was looking at SVS SB 2000 (prefer sealed) and then came across this QAcoustics Q B12 which seems to have gotten some good reviews from Whathifi. Any advise on how this sub could hold against the SVS and if it can be value for money ? Seems to be on sale on Hifimart and the price seems nicer too. https://hifimart.com/product/q-acoustics-qb12-subwoofer/

Thanks!

Not sure if it helps but I compared svs SB 2000 with the Kef subs and the svs came out way ahead. Compare the wattage and the driver sizes and it should give you an idea.

Never heard Q Accoustics sub. The pricing looks great though. If they are as good as their speakers, then for sure.

I have heard a Q-accoustic 5.1 setup which had sub replaced to an ELAC one. Never asked him why.

QB12 has good reviews overall, i guess @DB1989 and @nubinstanley have tried out this subwoofer and found it to be good.

It is relatively cheaper than the SB2000 , i owned a SB2000 and was really happy with the performance for movies & music alike, for movies a little more power in the lower frequencies would have been good but it is not a deal breaker.

Not sure if it helps but I compared svs SB 2000 with the Kef subs and the svs came out way ahead. Compare the wattage and the driver sizes and it should give you an idea.

Right. In terms of sheer wattage and power, the SB 2000 is more than double that of the Q B12 (500W vs 220w). Both the models are sealed and sports a 12" driver though. If I had to go with the reviews out there, Q B12 does seem VFM but a first hand experience from fellow members would be great I suppose.

QB12 has good reviews overall, i guess @DB1989 and @nubinstanley have tried out this subwoofer and found it to be good.

It is relatively cheaper than the SB2000 , i owned a SB2000 and was really happy with the performance for movies & music alike, for movies a little more power in the lower frequencies would have been good but it is not a deal breaker.

Yeah it does seem so. I am still on the hunt for a well maintained, pre owned SB 2000 as I dont want to get a new one for a momentary upgrade bug. So I guess if I dont come across a decent deal on the SB2000, I am thinking I can consider a new Q B12 assuming its well received and considering its pricing.

Never heard Q Accoustics sub. The pricing looks great though. If they are as good as their speakers, then for sure.

I have heard a Q-accoustic 5.1 setup which had sub replaced to an ELAC one. Never asked him why.

Yeah I do use a pair of 3020s and they sound really good. Curious on this sub though!

Right. In terms of sheer wattage and power, the SB 2000 is more than double that of the Q B12 (500W vs 220w). Both the models are sealed and sports a 12" driver though. If I had to go with the reviews out there, Q B12 does seem VFM but a first hand experience from fellow members would be great I suppose.
Demo it if possible. If not, you can still Go for it. It won’t disappoint. I demoed it alongside the entire xtz lineup and a svs pb12 plus and pb2000 and i was not disappointed in the slightest. In fact, i found it more impressive than the xtz 8.17 and 10.17 but then again, they may not have been dialled in properly. I consider it a testament to the fact that its relatively easy to pair. For the price, i think its a fantastic buy.

Yeah it does seem so. I am still on the hunt for a well maintained, pre owned SB 2000 as I dont want to get a new one for a momentary upgrade bug. So I guess if I dont come across a decent deal on the SB2000, I am thinking I can consider a new Q B12 assuming its well received and considering its pricing.

There was a pb2000 for sale on olx for 60k few weeks back and seller was from Chennai . Probably sold now already but you can keep an eye to see if some deals popup. I had seen a 6 month QB12 for 41k on OLX , only thing just tread with caution on olx and evaluate if seller is genuine over calls if audition is not possible

Demo it if possible. If not, you can still Go for it. It won’t disappoint. I demoed it alongside the entire xtz lineup and a svs pb12 plus and pb2000 and i was not disappointed in the slightest. In fact, i found it more impressive than the xtz 8.17 and 10.17 but then again, they may not have been dialled in properly. I consider it a testament to the fact that its relatively easy to pair. For the price, i think its a fantastic buy.

That is definitely confidence inspiring. Thanks for the inputs DB1989. I will look around and see if I can demo one.

Hi everyone, been looking to add/upgrade a sub at my studio. Was looking at SVS SB 2000 (prefer sealed) and then came across this QAcoustics Q B12 which seems to have gotten some good reviews from Whathifi. Any advise on how this sub could hold against the SVS and if it can be value for money ? Seems to be on sale on Hifimart and the price seems nicer too. https://hifimart.com/product/q-acoustics-qb12-subwoofer/

Thanks!
I had the opportunity to audition osd 12 inch sealed sub long back. It’s good for both movies and music. It’s very powerful as well and has dual passive radiators which help with clean bass.Max has both for demo. You can check it out

Last edited:
There is no mention of the movie/music spread for the Sub use. I have SB-2000, used for sub-80Hz Bass with Dali Z7 pair, for music. When used earlier with only AVR input, the source of low bass could be isolated to the Sub. Now with Power Amp added to supply the Z7, the SB2000 melts into the background, which is exactly what a good Sub should do - and I am happy with my 1 year of use. For movies, I hear deep and controlled rumbles, but not the room shake. Pls do not select a ported Sub if music is your priority. On the other hand, even PB-1000 would give a good bang with movies only.

Sealed subwoofers like SB2000 are more suitable for small rooms and music listening.
Current model is SB2000 pro which comes with App , PEQ etc.

You may also consider Rythmik L12 which is having direct servo technology.

For fast musical subwoofer, you can consider REL Ti series subs

Back