Qinpu Q1 Soild State AMP - First Impressions

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Hi ,
Folks You Might Have Noticed That i Have Been Very Inactive Due To My Qinpu Consignment Being On Hold By customs Department .Well Finally i Could Prove what Was right and got the products out ,The material was in my hand today and i was super duper excited .Well Here You Go with a Short Preview .

The Box Packing​

34rx5rq.jpg

The Box Is Normal Type Packing With Lots of Data And Text By Qinpu Here And There .The Opened Box Is Shown Here .

2dv09ie.jpg

Well Once The Material Is opened Out We Find out that the packing indeed is not bad ,There is No Top And Bottom Padding Due to the fact its not a Vacuum Tube Based Amp .The Wire On The left is the Radio Antenna "FM Radio " And The Wire on The right Is a Normal Nothing Dreat But Good Value Gold Plated Cable .The AMP is Still stacked In The Cover And Yes it Has a Manual ,Haa Haa And Its In ENGLISH :yahoo:

wjzb09.jpg

Have a Look At the Product Once its Out From Its Cover ,The Product is Solid And Extremely Nice Looking ,Very Very Solid Built ,Does Not Give You the Feel Of a cheapo AMP ,Kudos To Qinpu For such a Good Looking And Well Built Product .

jg17ia.jpg

Well Once The product is out there is a photo i clicked to show you the product from the top side ,Sorry for the flash glare .You Can See That the product is solid .The Two Button In The Lower left are radio tuning buttons .The Large Dials On The Right Bottom Are The Radio And CD Source Selector And the Volume Control Dial .You Can Also See The Speaker Connecting Buttons On The Top Left .This is Very Good Built even .Though i Have My Own share Of Disappointments also .Have a Look At the PIC

15f6es5.jpg

The Photo Of The Unit Shot From a Different Angle That Clearly Shows The Power On And Off Switch ,This Is Not Anything Fancy But a Basic Good Quality On/Off Switch

20p7s5g.jpg

Well Now the Back side Of The Product ,You See From The Bottom Left of The Image We Have The basic RCA Connectors ,There is a Stereo 3.5" Female Socket Just Near To These for ipod / Stereo Source ,This Means That You Can Use Any One Of These At One Time .The Is Nothing To Select Between These Two Sources .The Dial i Referred To Before Is To Select Between FM Radio And CD/Stereo Source .Near This We Again Have a RCa Connector That Takes The FM Antenna That i Referred To Before When i Unpacked the Items .Well The Icing On The Cake In All Qinou Products Is The Socket That Sits Next To The RCA Antenna Connector ,This is a Stereo Line Out That Could Drive Your Earphones And Headphones And Also Subwoofers Like The S5 From Qinpu .This Makes This Product As Possible One Of The Worlds Cheapest Good Quality Non Portable Head/Earphone AMP .I Liked the Quality Of The Output of This To My Soundmagic PL-11 IEMS .The Speaker Connectors Are Gold Plated .

qnv436.jpg

b5jy1d.jpg

When i Was Importing The Product In India I Remembered They Give a different Type Of Power cord In This ,So I Made it a Point That I Get a High Quality Indian Style Power cord Attached To This Before It Lands in My And Your Hands .

1z237lk.jpg

Well Comming to The Radio ,The Quality is Sound Is Very Good But It Has Its share Of Issues .How Does One Come To Know What Channel Is Tuned @ What Frequency No display ,Well for a Low Cost Amp like this i think it does not matter and some later amps from qinpu have this feature .I Had The Radio Antenna Cable Hooked On ,I Am Also Planning To Get a Retractable Antenna With a RCA Male Connector At Its End To Directly Connect To This Device So that we could get a better feel of the radio .My Finger Is Pointing To The FM - And + Button For Searching .The Search Facility is Easy With Just One Button Push And Either Side

nl5wyx.jpg

Now I Connected The DV-1 Red Colour Speakers To Match With The Same Just For Sakes ,But i Am Speechless at the quality of these speakers and the output of this AMP .Though One By One i Am Going To Audition All the Amps i Got { 8 Models } With All Speakers i Got {15 Models } .Have a Look How it Looks .

2zewcj7.jpg

Well We All Run After Portable Earphone And Headphone Amps ,So As a Non Portable Amp it Sounds Great And the Icing On The Cake Is That You Can Hook a Dedicated Woofer To This Amp In Line Out and Two Speakers Also .Have a look at the pl-11 IEM earphone along with the product .

1g6e8n.jpg

Well Last But Not The Least is a Creative MP3 Player Hooked Up .I would Like To Know Your Suggestions As a Good Source When i Audition These Extensively this Week ,What Source And Type Of Files you Suggest .

dc4ltx.jpg

Article Complete ,Next Qinpu Q2 Tube Amp Tommorow...​

Last edited:
And you know someone is reading it also @1:02 AM

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101026 said:
Boss ,
Updating Writing This So That You Folks Know i Am On The Job @ 12:58 AM Right Now .:D

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101037 said:
Guys ,
I Am Done With The Same ,any Questions ,Discussions And Arguments Shoot Them :eek:hyeah:

hi amarbir singh dhillon,

your enthusion, dedicatedness and light-hearted yet big-hearted service to the lovers of solid ampular modules from the mainland of china recouping to the heartland of india is making all the audio lovers' hearts to do "DHADHAKDHADHAKADHAK!:)

Heavy luck from forefathers to you and beyond in this arena where the music notes are flowing with gay and lively abandon and nourishing the daffodils.

regards

but one thing more - you are asking that questions, discussions and arguments -that we should shoot them - that gives to mind meaning we should not be to ask? (shooting dead?) or we should shoot like the bullets (many many questions) coming out of barrels on enfield rifles empowered by gunpowder going from firangi hands towards the thin bodies (to be) of natives including innocence of womens and childrens in jallianwala bagh? - that confusion is certainly there, and waiting for your goodself to clear it.

when talk is there, amarbir, about the above-mentioned instanse, we, as proud indians, ready for the supreme death sacrifice at the hands of the white man, always we should think how that british man has got complete heavy armored vehicle so as to destroy innocent indian population by murder, and never we should buy their goods such as proAc speakers - why you can tell we indians give our hard earned money to the murderers?

and also to tell one more thing - when casting glance of eye on the red item jewel akin like speakers which are too cute!!!!!!!!

three cheers i have to tell for your very good efforts on these items!!!!

Last edited:
hi amarbir singh dhillon,

your enthusion, dedicatedness and light-hearted yet big-hearted service to the lovers of solid ampular modules from the mainland of china recouping to the heartland of india is making all the audio lovers' hearts to do "DHADHAKDHADHAKADHAK!:)

Heavy luck from forefathers to you and beyond in this arena where the music notes are flowing with gay and lively abandon and nourishing the daffodils.

regards

but one thing more - you are asking that questions, discussions and arguments -that we should shoot them - that gives to mind meaning we should not be to ask? (shooting dead?) or we should shoot like the bullets (many many questions) coming out of barrels on enfield rifles empowered by gunpowder going from firangi hands towards the thin bodies (to be) of natives including innocence of womens and childrens in jallianwala bagh? - that confusion is certainly there, and waiting for your goodself to clear it.

when talk is there, amarbir, about the above-mentioned instanse, we, as proud indians, ready for the supreme death sacrifice at the hands of the white man, always we should think how that british man has got complete heavy armored vehicle so as to destroy innocent indian population by murder, and never we should buy their goods such as proAc speakers - why you can tell we indians give our hard earned money to the murderers?

and also to tell one more thing - when casting glance of eye on the red item jewel akin like speakers which are too cute!!!!!!!!

three cheers i have to tell for your very good efforts on these items!!!!

Sir ,
This Went Over My Head :D

One of my friend suggested this amp or the Q2 with the pair of bookshelf (wharfedale Diamond 9.1 or PSB alpha B1), I dont know if its adviceable to use this headphone amp with bookshelf, since the output power is quite less, but he said that his friend has a Q1 + PSB Alpha B1 and its sounds loud enough, that he cant go above 40% volume.

Please advice on this one, Can I use the Q2 with bookshelfs ??

Sorry for a newbie question :rolleyes:.

could you give me the details on the sound quality / depth / separation etc ? How does this compare with stock amps eg(denon/onkyo) ?

Hi Amarbir!
i had been waiting for two nights now...for your next review:D ??
u said u'll post yesterday, but no posting till now??:rolleyes:

ya, the world is bating and holding the breath for the next review in heavy fashion, amarbir

could you give me the details on the sound quality / depth / separation etc ? How does this compare with stock amps eg(denon/onkyo) ?

I think you may have to define words like depth separation etc to the reviewer before a review will come about ... :)

Cheers

Suri , Is that true?

Hi ,
First these Are Just Previews And I Am Not suggesting any AMP To Anyone As i Am Yet To Audition Them Properly .Today i Am Photographing 7 Pending Amps And Doing Little Testing .Then Next in The Line Is 15 Speakers From Qinpu .Once i Am Done With Those i Would Like To Shift To Testing ,Here i Would Need Valuable Inputs From Members So That i Can Do IT Correctly ,If Any Old Seasoned Audiophile In Chandigarh Can Help Me i Would Be Humbled .

So After 7 Amps , 15 Speakers And Then With Each Amp Testing 15 Speakers :D

Amarbir[Lynx-India];101907 said:
Hi ,
First these Are Just Previews And I Am Not suggesting any AMP To Anyone As i Am Yet To Audition Them Properly .Today i Am Photographing 7 Pending Amps And Doing Little Testing .Then Next in The Line Is 15 Speakers From Qinpu .Once i Am Done With Those i Would Like To Shift To Testing ,Here i Would Need Valuable Inputs From Members So That i Can Do IT Correctly ,If Any Old Seasoned Audiophile In Chandigarh Can Help Me i Would Be Humbled .

So After 7 Amps , 15 Speakers And Then With Each Amp Testing 15 Speakers :D

Amarbir

Can We expect the reviews after 6-7 months? Since you have so many products and many work like taking pictures , Little testing :rolleyes: and finally you will write a review:clapping:
Comeon buddy do it fast as suri said the whole world is waiting for your review.
Note : Why cant you send your products to AV max for a review?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back