Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP changer

trittya

The PUNJAB (whats left of it) & Delhi, India
Howdy All
Anyone know these two models?
I have my lenco in hand but the radiogram is still on the way. I was told it was in working condition before it went into disuse about 8 yrs ago. The gentleman who sold it was not very sure of the Garrard TT model No but told me that it was an 8"(?)" Lp changer with a Philips valve radio. He said it was 125, so I googled and found no results for 125 although there were many for 1025. When I spoke to FM & "Vinyl/TT authority", Mr Mukundan, he said its most likely an 825. Request if anyone could, in the meantime, throw any light on these, including THE repair/overhaul/restoration imperatives. Thanks in anticipation.
(@Gobble, spare me that strobe light, will ya, mate? LOL!)
Regards, All

Last edited:
Re: Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP cha

No idea about your other queries, but if you want to make a LED
strobe, here's a simple circuit, total cost Rs 50 or so -

Very simple LED strobe - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Hey Quad, l o v v l, I am. Thx for the circuit, regardless of its use to me or otherwise. You made me laugh dude and even at my expense, its a damn good sign. Keep the funnies coming. Hey, Gobble, whither art thou?

Re: Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP cha

Hello.

So you picked the Lenco from Kolkata.;)

@newbee
Yes, is that pallab? Hey dude, I lost that handset with ur No in it and tridib sadhu's too. Found the same deal in classifieds and emailed to him n got his No. Told him how I d heard of it from u first & he placed u instantly.
Am carrying the lenco to delhi, am in train now. Pm me ur mob no plz. Can we talk now? Thanks for the info, I actually owe it to you&hemant. Regards

Hey Quad, l o v v l, I am. Thx for the circuit, regardless of its use to me or otherwise. You made me laugh dude and even at my expense, its a damn good sign. Keep the funnies coming. Hey, Gobble, whither art thou?

Hey Quad, after clicking that link I realized you unlike gobble werent kidding. Actually, some FM had once asked him to 'throw light' on some aspect & he had posted a pic of a bright strobe light with a warning to put glasses/goggles on. Therefore, I reckoned you were taking a similar dig. Sorry and I really appreciate your effort, not that i really know why/how a strobe is used for a TT.
Warmest regards

All the best for your new addition.Will give you a call tomorrow.:)

Hey Quad, after clicking that link I realized you unlike gobble werent kidding.... I reckoned you were taking a similar dig. Sorry and I really appreciate your effort, not that i really know why/how a strobe is used for a TT.

That's fine...thought I didn't get the joke.

The strobe is used to check if your TT is running at the correct speed.
You can print out a strobe disk and put it on your rotating platter.
Turn on the strobe light and adjust the speed till the
appropriate pattern is still.
If your turntable didn't come with a strobe, you can use
the one I posted. The LED one can be used to replace the
mains driven neon light kind of strobes, as it is more accurate
and probably brighter.

http://www.originlive.com/pdf manuals/strobe_disc.pdf
http://www.extremephono.com/ftp/50Hz.PDF

Or you can just print 50 Hz. strobe disc (available from vinyl engine website) and check the pattern remains stationary under Tubelight.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back