Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP changer

trittya

The PUNJAB (whats left of it) & Delhi, India
Howdy All
Anyone know these two models?
I have my lenco in hand but the radiogram is still on the way. I was told it was in working condition before it went into disuse about 8 yrs ago. The gentleman who sold it was not very sure of the Garrard TT model No but told me that it was an 8"(?)" Lp changer with a Philips valve radio. He said it was 125, so I googled and found no results for 125 although there were many for 1025. When I spoke to FM & "Vinyl/TT authority", Mr Mukundan, he said its most likely an 825. Request if anyone could, in the meantime, throw any light on these, including THE repair/overhaul/restoration imperatives. Thanks in anticipation.
(@Gobble, spare me that strobe light, will ya, mate? LOL!)
Regards, All

Last edited:
Re: Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP cha

No idea about your other queries, but if you want to make a LED
strobe, here's a simple circuit, total cost Rs 50 or so -

Very simple LED strobe - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Hey Quad, l o v v l, I am. Thx for the circuit, regardless of its use to me or otherwise. You made me laugh dude and even at my expense, its a damn good sign. Keep the funnies coming. Hey, Gobble, whither art thou?

Re: Queries : Lenco B52 Turntable and (Dutch) Philips radiogram with Garrard 8 LP cha

Hello.

So you picked the Lenco from Kolkata.;)

@newbee
Yes, is that pallab? Hey dude, I lost that handset with ur No in it and tridib sadhu's too. Found the same deal in classifieds and emailed to him n got his No. Told him how I d heard of it from u first & he placed u instantly.
Am carrying the lenco to delhi, am in train now. Pm me ur mob no plz. Can we talk now? Thanks for the info, I actually owe it to you&hemant. Regards

Hey Quad, l o v v l, I am. Thx for the circuit, regardless of its use to me or otherwise. You made me laugh dude and even at my expense, its a damn good sign. Keep the funnies coming. Hey, Gobble, whither art thou?

Hey Quad, after clicking that link I realized you unlike gobble werent kidding. Actually, some FM had once asked him to 'throw light' on some aspect & he had posted a pic of a bright strobe light with a warning to put glasses/goggles on. Therefore, I reckoned you were taking a similar dig. Sorry and I really appreciate your effort, not that i really know why/how a strobe is used for a TT.
Warmest regards

All the best for your new addition.Will give you a call tomorrow.:)

Hey Quad, after clicking that link I realized you unlike gobble werent kidding.... I reckoned you were taking a similar dig. Sorry and I really appreciate your effort, not that i really know why/how a strobe is used for a TT.

That's fine...thought I didn't get the joke.

The strobe is used to check if your TT is running at the correct speed.
You can print out a strobe disk and put it on your rotating platter.
Turn on the strobe light and adjust the speed till the
appropriate pattern is still.
If your turntable didn't come with a strobe, you can use
the one I posted. The LED one can be used to replace the
mains driven neon light kind of strobes, as it is more accurate
and probably brighter.

http://www.originlive.com/pdf manuals/strobe_disc.pdf
http://www.extremephono.com/ftp/50Hz.PDF

Or you can just print 50 Hz. strobe disc (available from vinyl engine website) and check the pattern remains stationary under Tubelight.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back