Query on DTH technology

multifaced

I heard from different people about the non availability of DTH signal at certain places. when they installed the DTH at a remote place away from city, they could not recieve proper signal, the picture looked grainy. But this sounded illlogical to me, because

as far as i understand,

1) the set top box cannot send any signal / data back to the service provider. so they cant detect geographical position of the system.

2) the satellite cannot emit signals to selective places, atleast not with the resolution of a city.that is if the signal is available at place A and B from same satelite, the signal must be available all places in between A and B.

what are your views about this problem ?

Good pointer. Some satellites may not be available in remote areas of Rajasthan, himachal pradesh etc. It's not possible that a signal is received fine in Mumbai and Pune but not in Karjat (small town on Mumbai Pune train route). Satallite strength varies by region as mentioned below, but a region is in hundreds of kilometers.

There is a term called satellite footprint. Please go through it and you will know why satellite signals are not available in all places.

Footprint (satellite) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My TATA SKY DTH doesnt even work if there is any rain or cloud in the sky.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .........

yes another application of dth "technology" is for rain detection. early warning to take the clothes from the clotheline on terrace

Rain and Cloud Detection is a value added service with all DTH Operators.........
True (not upscale) HD version of the service is coming soon !! :cool:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back