Question about an OLX seller!

My biggest miss was a pair of Martin logan for 40k. I did not have 40k back in my account then. Cosmetically it had blemishes but I heard them singing without any flaws. By the time I arranged the funds, that was already gone. Same with the thunder tube pre and power amps for 40k. Except that most other stuff I saw there, at one time or the other had appeared in olx for jacked up proces. I have nothing against olx sellers as that's their livelihood.
For some reason I always found ML weird. Could have a lot to do with the placement etc etc, but there was always a clear disconnection between the sound. On 2 occasions to be precise.

Ages ago, I got an opportunity to buy a pair from an embassy expat in Delhi, can't remember the model and he was selling them very cheap for "friends' friends", I remember they were being driven by this massive monstrous looking stack of separates (that was already sold) and being driven by a CD player (can't remember which one but something fancy). The album was - Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane, and it was very strange. There was something which I can't explain in technical terms, but it was "off", there was no fusion between the bass/lower mids and anything else, it was all separate. Years later I heard another pair again in a friend's house who also happened to have Magnepan ESLs, something very very large. He played the same song on both the brands and again ML was just very "off". I have heard and owned a fair few speakers in my life, not the super fancy ones, but I have never found anything so disconnected, bad but not 'off'. Strange.

I want to hear the 35s or the 15s though, maybe I wasn't mature enough to enjoy the sound.

For some reason I always found ML weird. Could have a lot to do with the placement etc etc, but there was always a clear disconnection between the sound. On 2 occasions to be precise.

Ages ago, I got an opportunity to buy a pair from an embassy expat in Delhi, can't remember the model and he was selling them very cheap for "friends' friends", I remember they were being driven by this massive monstrous looking stack of separates (that was already sold) and being driven by a CD player (can't remember which one but something fancy). The album was - Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane, and it was very strange. There was something which I can't explain in technical terms, but it was "off", there was no fusion between the bass/lower mids and anything else, it was all separate. Years later I heard another pair again in a friend's house who also happened to have Magnepan ESLs, something very very large. He played the same song on both the brands and again ML was just very "off". I have heard and owned a fair few speakers in my life, not the super fancy ones, but I have never found anything so disconnected, bad but not 'off'. Strange.

I want to hear the 35s or the 15s though, maybe I wasn't mature enough to enjoy the sound.
I m not a Fan of ML either now. I meant I wanted to try them in my room back then. Regardless of its sound, they hardly can be found under 1 lach and 40k was a stralsund back then

Hello FMs.

The seller in question has an ad running for audio gd r2r 11. I reached out to him on whatsapp for more details He was prompt to respond with photos.

The internal photos of that r2r 11 did not match with online photos of that model. On further searching I found out that it was some other model. The model looks like nfb 11 (not sure).

I shared the internal photos of r2r11 from my search highlighting the r2r ladders and briefed him that the model he was selling is not r2r11.

Inspite of passage of one week, the seller has not changed the ad and it is still listed as r2r11.

If he is not willing to be accurate in his listings, one can understand what kind of dealer he is. It casts a shadow on the accuracy of his other listings also and statements he would be making regarding those products.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back