Question about buying avr from amazon.com

dynamic_4444

Hello guyzz,
I am intrested in buying onkyo tx nr-515 from amazon so I have a ques about it that is- it will cost me around 430$(approx 24k) so will I have to pay tax to be shipped it to Ludhiana if yes thn pls tell and if anyone knows how much tht plzz tell that also..:)
Thnk u

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

Check whether Amazon.com will ship the product to India. If yes, you can run the order till "Final Confirmation". At the final confirmation screen, it will tell you all about shipping fees and import fees deposit. You do not have to pay anything more. The Amazon price says $299 and not $430.

Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black): Electronics

Otherwise, you can use iShopinternation services and request for a quote. They will give you the actual quote. I believe that based on the gross weight (24 lbs), the shipping will cost you Rs. 8000 and customs duty a further Rs. 5000.

Check whether Amazon.com will ship the product to India. If yes, you can run the order till "Final Confirmation". At the final confirmation screen, it will tell you all about shipping fees and import fees deposit. You do not have to pay anything more. The Amazon price says $299 and not $430.

Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black): Electronics

Otherwise, you can use iShopinternation services and request for a quote. They will give you the actual quote. I believe that based on the gross weight (24 lbs), the shipping will cost you Rs. 8000 and customs duty a further Rs. 5000.

Kk bro n I checked they will not ship to india nd I checked it for sherwood rd-606i network avr its price was almost same so I jst asumed n showed the details (i'll upload a screenshot) pls chck tht n tell

Try and look out for Harman Kardon AVR if you are importing. Sherwood is not very popular in India so I am not sure whether it can be repaired as easily as a HK (comparatively)

Just a point, which I found and may be helpful to others:

On Amazon, left hand side pan, there is an option named "AmazonGlobal Eligible", in international shipping. Choosing this option shows only those products which can be shipped to international destinations from seller's location.

Though I am not sure if it encompasses all goods, which can be shipped to India (in that category)!

Regards,

Just a point, which I found and may be helpful to others:

On Amazon, left hand side pan, there is an option named "AmazonGlobal Eligible", in international shipping. Choosing this option shows only those products which can be shipped to international destinations from seller's location.

Though I am not sure if it encompasses all goods, which can be shipped to India (in that category)!

Regards,

Kk bro thnk u i'll check..:)

Try and look out for Harman Kardon AVR if you are importing. Sherwood is not very popular in India so I am not sure whether it can be repaired as easily as a HK (comparatively)

Bro I am intrested in onkyo (i used sherwood jst to ask tht I have jst to pay the amount asked in screenshot or have to pay extra tax ) :)

Bro I am intrested in onkyo (i used sherwood jst to ask tht I have jst to pay the amount asked in screenshot or have to pay extra tax ) :)

The question seems moot as Amazon does not ship Onkyo NR515 to India... If u buy from the US then u will have to pay a few extras like another FM informed... If u consider the base price to be $299(even though most places are selling for $350) then the total price to ship to India would be around Rs32k... Now add around 3-4k for a Stepdown convertor & ur total has crossed 35k for a Onkyo 515 which officially I doubt is over 40k with B&W here in India... Also a suplier like avenue sound will supply it to u for much lower than that price including warranty... Seems kind of dumb ordering from the US... If someone is coming to India who can carry it for u, then only it seems worth buying from there...

You can also look to import from Amazon UK as the voltage conversion problem is not there. At the most a conversion plug which saves Rs 3-4000 transformer/converter costs.

Now they are having global eligible products which can be imported into India. Check out whether the Onkyo 515 cost works out for you.

Vinod

You can also look to import from Amazon UK as the voltage conversion problem is not there. At the most a conversion plug which saves Rs 3-4000 transformer/converter costs.

Now they are having global eligible products which can be imported into India. Check out whether the Onkyo 515 cost works out for you.

Vinod

Thnk u bro will chck surely check out amazon uk..:)

just checked out the Denon 2113 on Amazon UK..

Its almost the same price as in India.. assuming all the import fees deposit is actually that charged for this. Else i save...

Items: 322.48
Postage & Packing: 78.89
Total before VAT: 401.37
VAT: 0.00
Import Fees Deposit 124.03
Order Total: 525.40

just checked out the Denon 2113 on Amazon UK..

Its almost the same price as in India.. assuming all the import fees deposit is actually that charged for this. Else i save...

Items: 322.48
Postage & Packing: 78.89
Total before VAT: 401.37
VAT: 0.00
Import Fees Deposit 124.03
Order Total: 525.40

What about custom duty??? Is it included???

So why go through this hassle when the 2113 can be got for 39k with B&W in mumbai itself??? :rolleyes::cool::indifferent14:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back