Question about speaker placement!!

Jason_Cruze

I need to mount my 606SE surrounds and Atmos speakers for a 5.1.2 channel setup.

Dolby recommends tilting the surrounds at an angle, but my surrounds are hang type model so they will be flush towards the wall.

Can I just hang them over the nail and experience the same effects or need to angle them as recommended by Dolby.

I'm going to hang the surrounds behind my sitting position and not on the sides as those are not viable.

Please suggest and share your experience. Thanks

Can you tell where Dolby recommends tilting the surrounds at an angle?
Link if possible.

Can you tell where Dolby recommends tilting the surrounds at an angle?
Link if possible.
Please find the attached document from Dolby for 5.1.2 Setup

5.1.2-overhead.png

Ah, I was thinking you meant downward tilt.

I'm going to hang the surrounds behind my sitting position and not on the sides as those are not viable.
How far behind? Back wall? It does work for the earlier non Atmos set-ups. Sorry, am not into Atmos so can't help further than that.

Hi Jason,

You can keep the surrounds flush mounted to as they don't have rear ports, slightly above your ear levels. and the height channels in between like the diagram below.

1631208749300.png

I had mounted the Taga surrounds at much higher level cause it would hit the head of person sitting on the couches, it never disappointed me.
The new Q acoustics also are at same level, and the separation is still awesome.

Check out this thread of mine, I have pictures of the setup. Lot of things have changed but the surrounds and height channel positions have been the same.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back