Question to all Networking Experts

cha_indian

Hi.... Most of my music files reside in my EHP 606 media player. I want to browse all those files from my Windows machine. How to do that ?

My EHP is connected to my computer with a Ethernet cable. Computer and EHP are connected via a router. I want view the HDD in the EHP as a drive on my windows machine.

Thanks,

How is your EHP 606 connected to the home network? If not you have to either Lan / wifi connect it with your router. If you do not have a home network then let me know there is another way to Lan connect your laptop and EHP directly with one another.

Once both your laptop and EHP are on the same network you need to get the IP address of the Media Player and in Windows -> Run type \\<IP Address of EHP> and hit enter. This should open up the drive inside the EHP.

I checked the specs of EHP and they do support UPNP and SMB both.

in that case get the IP of the EHP and try to open it from your computer (\\IP). Let me know what comes out of it and we can think of next course accordingly. Btw just checj on EHP control / UI if there is any setting to be turned on for media sharing.

thanks haisaikat... you have been of great help to me! I can see all the files from my computer and i am copying all my data into EHP HDD. Now i need to figure out how to increase speed of copying data into EHP. Currently it is averaging 1 MBPS but with USB it is much faster

get a wifi n router :) for improved data transfer speeds over your network.. provided
a your medial player is connected to ethernet
or
b. you media player and your laptop/computer both support wifi n if any one component is b/g then whole network is b/g so that wont work

Using n wifi won't improve the data copying speed. These media players have pathetic data copying speed over LAN and wifi (1-2 MBps). Best use a usb cable to connect the player to your PC.

if both of them are connected to the router.. layman basics are that both of them will have ip address either through DHCP else static.
if needed configure the IP on the device manually and you will be able to access it through your windows PC.
map it as a network drive.

if ya running a win 7 pc then keep in mind.. its a bit share shy.. dunno what microsoft programmed in its head ? still works just some more options to be ticked.

in win 7 go to map a network drive and click network drive and click browse.
check if networking is enabled on the device and the pc should see the drive. add it as a network drive but dont expect it to be butter smooth.. as i said win 7 dosen't like sharing its loyal to the pc HDD.. lolz.

else map it with the ip address. and the root folder.

you will be good to go.

Last edited:
thanks haisaikat... you have been of great help to me! I can see all the files from my computer and i am copying all my data into EHP HDD. Now i need to figure out how to increase speed of copying data into EHP. Currently it is averaging 1 MBPS but with USB it is much faster

What is your USB configuration for copying the data and what is the speed you are getting?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back