Quick queries from new PS3 user...

look4aditya

Hi folks,

I am new to the world of Play Station gaming, all these years I was a PC gamer. I have recently purchased a 3 month old PS3 (500 GB) from somebody. I have a few queries which I am keen to get answers of, please help.

1. I have registered at Sony PS site and selected few games too. But I want to know if downloading the games on PS3, using the console is the only method of doing it, or one can download it in PC and transfer using a USB drive?

2. Are there any game libraries in Noida/Greater from where I can buy some used game at good prices?

3. Is the latest PS3 (Sep,2014) jail-breakable? Is it recommended? I have heard that if the console is connected to internet, then Sony identifies the jail-break and it bans you on their network. Is it true?

4. Is jail-break recommended to be done at home or taking the console to SMEs like the ones at Nehru Place/Palika/Gaffar Market (Delhi) is a safe option? What do they charge and how much time is required?

Appreciate a quick and positive response.

Thanks.
Aditya

1. yes that is possible most likely on jailbroken ps3s and there are several methods portrayed over sites and youtube. There may be some ftp method without jailbreak but I never tried, I always downloaded them from Internet or purchased.

2. I am not sure, but there is a site Moviemart.in based out of Delhi who rents PS3 games, i have their service but for blu ray only and not for games.

3. PS3 firmware 3.55 and below was only jail breakable from software. But this is illegal and should not be done and not only will sony prevent you from their netwrk but also void your warranty

4. Follow from 3

The general consensus says that

- if you are into multiplayer gaming, do not jailbreak as you wont be able to play any multiplayer or connect to PSN after that. (along with what haisaikat said)
- if you only into single player, then jailbreak is a decent option (even considering warranty issues) as you would be able to purchase games from nehru place/gaffar at very cheap rates. However, even then I have heard issues where the latest games (such as "The Last of US" which is a must play) require latest firmware update which means your jailbreak wouldnt work for these. So best to check for latest pirated games at these markets and their compatibility from the seller.
- Apart from Moviemart, check if you have Landmark stores or Game4u stores in Noida as they sell 2nd hand games at relatively low prices (INR 800-1900).

Happy gaming!

for the new ps3 there hardware E3 flasher which will downgrade ur ps3 to 3.55cfw n then u can upgrade to latest cfw n play jailbreak games.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back