Quick Suggestion on HT Dimensions for a 120" Screen

Sam, will the PC gaming/Music room be a seperate room? Yup, share the plan when it is ready.

Actually I HAD to put my PC in a seperate room, Initially I had decided to put it in the same room with my HT, but the problem is I use my PC for other purpose as well (quite a lot), and I cant use it for the same with the projector always, so I have to put my PC in a sepetare room. Thats when I decided to make small PC/Surfing/Reading/Office/Gaming(PC) room, how so ever you put it. I will put my current Onkyo and 47" LCD in that room as well and since it would be my room for PC working and surfing, I thought I might put my music equipment there as well. Master bedroom will have a 32" LCD with Tatasky plus
I will see if I can connect my PC from this room to the HT room projector as well (it would be just one long HDMI) to enjoy gaming in HT. Having said that my HT room still would have an xbox360, my POHD (with 5.1 music as well) and ceiling speakers for casual FM/Internet radio while watching slide shows.

Last edited:
Sounds good Sam. While you are at it, also plan your home network, wireless and wired, routing of cat 5e or cat6 cables, placement of router to get range across the entire home. Plan with a simultaneous dual band router in mind. I am in a similar phase now and am building my network with the linksys wrt610n after speaking to ashish who has done the same. If I had done this as part of my HT build, it would have been better, hence alerting you:)

Sounds good Sam. While you are at it, also plan your home network, wireless and wired, routing of cat 5e or cat6 cables, placement of router to get range across the entire home. Plan with a simultaneous dual band router in mind. I am in a similar phase now and am building my network with the linksys wrt610n after speaking to ashish who has done the same. If I had done this as part of my HT build, it would have been better, hence alerting you:)

I believe wired netwrok is in all means far better and consistant than a wireless one even the new N standard. I will only use wireless for surfing or casual data transfer, It would not be used for HD streaming so my current WRT54G Linksys router should be enough to handle that. For any HD streaming or heavy data transfer CAT6 will be used. What I am thinking is to get a small switch and route all CAT 6 connection through it, this way I will have a centralized hub with all digital media connected, which can be controlled through my PC through the PC room I have.

Last edited:
Hi All,

This question does not fit anywhere, so just asking here....

Does anyone in India, has installed an Attic Stair/Loft Stair, maybe in a garage or basement enterence etc......something like the image below......I cannt find a dealer who does that in India

169hzwg.jpg

This might seems an irrelevent question, but believe me its very much related to mt HT construction......
Any input, might help...... :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back