Raspberry PI not working possibly due to moisture ?

amitk777

Hi,

I had to leave my home for 3 months.
When I was back , due to heavy rain there was faint fungus layer on almost everything.

Now the PI has stopped working. I use it with Allo dac to stream music. I can see it on the network via the router, but I am unable to connect to it. It is not booting up.
I don't know much electronics, so I cleaned it , kept in the sun, and left if on for quite sometime to see if the heat does the trick.
Also changed the ethernet cable and reconnected.

Any ideas on this from the members ? Any thing we can figure out from those tiny LED lights ?

-Amit

The Pi has intensely dense circuitry and almost everything is SMD. I would take the following steps:

1. Take a soft brush, dip it in Isopropyl Alcohol and clean the board.
2. Pay special attention to the power connectors, HDMI connectors, and SDcard slot.
3. Leave it for a few minutes to dry.
4. Ensure power is coming from the adapter.
5. Power up the RPi.

If the onboard LED lights up, something is working. Connect to a monitor/TV and see if it boots up. As firearm said, the SDcard may need to be re-flashed.

If none of this helps, I am afraid there is nothing that can be done other than buying a new unit.

All the best.

If it's due to moisture than put it in box of rice for at least 12 hours...... moisture will be soaked by rice...

Thank you all.
As suggested I connected it to HDMI and found that it is booting up.
Understood that Ethernet is not working.
I have now connected via Wifi. It is good to listen to music after so many days.
I cleand up Ethernet port with alchohl and possibly it will work again after a few days.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back