Raspi 2 and HiFiberry DAC+ coupled to a LM3886T Gain Clone Amp

Can you share a snapshot or share the URL from where you ordered those?

Go to Budhwar Peth near Pasodya Vithoba Temple. Look around for trio Electronics. If not that then Pioneer, or in the first left lane ask for Ramakant Electronics. Ask him for silpads for TO-220 or without holes. I dont think it will come for that Chip package. 4Rs each

Looks something like this.

BTW from where you got that Hexhead slotted screws?

Last edited:
Go to Budhwar Peth near Pasodya Vithoba Temple. Look around for trio Electronics. If not that then Pioneer, or in the first left lane ask for Ramakant Electronics. Ask him for silpads for TO-220 or without holes. I dont think it will come for that Chip package. 4Rs each

Looks something like this.

BTW from where you got that Hexhead slotted screws?

I know the area well - know both TRIO and Pioneer. Kind of make one trip almost every alternate weekend for my ETX shopping in those areas. Thank you for pointing out.

Mishraji, Checked the dimension of pads and they are perfect for LM3886T

Last edited:
BTW...the sound quality is so good. I have an onkyo receiver with me; an old one; this one beats it hands down. Just that now, i need to buy new speakers

I was using my self made speakers - 12 years old all this while. That had no design or filters put in. I can see that the difference in sound quality in those has been huge. Feel this is the right time for a speaker upgrade as well.

Any suggestion, most welcome. I am confused between PSB X2T and Paradigm Monitor 9 v7.

I need to switch between input sources and i was reading up on the same. Seems, there are normal relays, reed relays, solid state relays and audio grade relays.

I was inclining a bit towards omron solid state relays. Going for gold plates relays is out of question. Appreciate any feed back on the same.

There are many silver contact sealed relay. It can work for 100K-150K make-break of contacts. Look takamisawa RYxxW-K type where xx=operating voltage which could be 5, 12 or 24V.
Other brand is omron, and OEN.
But there are many source selectors available. Only intelligent wiring plan is required.

Last edited:
Solid state relays are not for audio (or any other analog) low distortion signals. Reed relays are not necessary, they are more painful to use than "normal" relays. And for small signal switching, there is nothing demanding about audio signals, so special "audio grade" relays are not needed. Special relays may have been relayed for switching video signals or GHz signals.

Therefore, any good small signal relays for low current switching is fine. Omron is a superb brand; Panasonic and others are superb too. And these don't cost much money; you'll get excellent models on Digikey for $2 each. Digikey categorises these as relays with less than 2A current switching rating. Sealed relays are a very good idea, but then small signal relays are sealed more often than not these days. This prevents corrosion of contacts, lengthens relay life big time.

That having been said, why don't you simply buy a readymade input selector from diyaudiocart.com or theaudiocrafts.com and be done with it?

There are many silver contact sealed relay. It can work for 100K-150K make-break of contacts. Look takamisawa RYxxW-K type where xx=operating voltage which could be 5, 12 or 24V.
Other brand is omron, and OEN.
But there are many source selectors available. Only intelligent wiring plan is required.

Mishraji, i checked on silver contact sealed relays - some forums said they suffered from corrosion.
Takamisawa is what i had in mind as well. Will check today with Trio if he has those .

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back