RCA based Audio Source and Output Selection Switch

arunkumar711

Hi,

I would like to have the following connections through RCA as the amps contain only RCA connections
  1. Turntable (phono preamp) to Amp 1 & Amp 2
  2. DAC to Amp 1 & Amp 2
I assumed that I would need an RCA switch box where I could select the source as well as the output. Much as I search, I could only see generic 3 in and 1 out selectors which does video as well and don't give me too much confidence.

Could someone please let me know of some good options for this? Or is there any other way?

Regards,

Arun

Are you using them with 2 set of speakers? If yes, then set both systems seperately. That is keep source fix to that set up as switch may degrade or change sound quality.
If both amps will be connected to same speakers, then you need one more switch.

Thanks. I do have separate speakers for each. I wanted to mix and match the amps depending on what I was listening. Hence the question of using a switch. If it is going to degrade sound quality, then I would rather stay away.

There are preamp with 2 or more outputs from bryston, Linn etc.depending on your budget.

But anything you add in between will have an effect on the sound quality.

the video selectors do a decent job. i have been using them until very recently - for your requirement, you will need 2 such switch boxes (but you will be able to use only one source and one destination at the same time)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back