RCA cables whats the best quality within Rs 1000

changappa

RCA cables whats the best quality within Rs 1000. How to copy audio files to DVD

hi All,

I am not a hardcore audiophile but trying to be one.:yahoo: I need help to know which is the best quality RCA cable available within say 500/- to 1000/-Rs. Is there very much difference between rs 500/-&1Rs 1000/- cable in perfomance? If there is a huge difference what it is? frankly I admit I can't afford of buying Rca cable for more than Max Rs 600/- That too by telling lie to my wife say its Rs 100/- or so!!:sad: My wife hates cables allready there is a big bunch dangling behind my audio video system. :sad:
Anybody can guide me how to copy normal audio files (Not Mp3) to dvd? Audio cds can accomodate only 17 to 18 songs (700 mb) Now I am wondering is its possible to copy audio files to a dvd or not. Itryed with nero 9 but it converts it to mp3!:mad: which I don't want.please help.

Last edited:
DAC, Bandridge, Profilgold will have RCA cables under Rs. 1000/-

You can even try MX if you are short on budget or also put a WANTED ad on classifieds section to see if you can get a good RCA for your budget

Okay, i am going to get thrashed for this.

Did a one hr test btw:
MX 250 rs IC
Belden 2000 rs LC1 ICs
Monoprice 150 rs IC

In my system, I could not find any difference between them. All 3 sounded the same. I was totally stunned. No clue why this is.

Crank/AE: I hear you guys loud and clear. A Mutual Fund investment is already started towards that. So, is it safe for me to assume, at a lower level system, cables etc dont make much of a difference?

I mean I am able to clearly appreciate the difference between CD48 and DM but with the cables not really :indifferent14:

Changappa, I strongly recommend Lyrita Audio ICs.
I've been using them for over a year & a half now They made a SignificanT diff in the sound.
Lyrita's ICs are made of very high purity solid core copper wire,teflon coated, of a gauge which is just right for line level signals & they cost Rs 1k/pair.

Cables does make a difference to the sound signature of a system but it also goes upto a certain level beyond which the difference in SQ doesn't justify the cost incurred on cables. Around 10% of the total system cost should be spent on cables beyond which the economics doesn't make sense and the law of diminishing marginal utility sets in.

Did a one hr test btw:
MX 250 rs IC
Belden 2000 rs LC1 ICs
Monoprice 150 rs IC

In my system, I could not find any difference between them. All 3 sounded the same. I was totally stunned. No clue why this is.

You need to remove that teflon coating on your ears... :lol:

Cheers

why don't u simply relax and enjoy music playing from the system instead of worrying & tinkering........ comeon, give urself some time to get used to the sound while you settle down with all the new gear recently acquired. :)

all set & done, Ram, I know you have a soft corner for AR BUT you'll have to move onto better speakers. period!

:lol: I know I know how I wish I had my Meridian CDP :licklips: anyway :) the MF is on for the next upgrade :)

Cables does make a difference to the sound signature of a system but it also goes upto a certain level beyond which the difference in SQ doesn't justify the cost incurred on cables. Around 10% of the total system cost should be spent on cables beyond which the economics doesn't make sense and the law of diminishing marginal utility sets in.

You know I dont really see it this way. 10% of a budget if the rest of your equipment is around Rs. 1 lakh is something I cannot imagine.

Do we really need to spend so much on cables?

You know I dont really see it this way. 10% of a budget if the rest of your equipment is around Rs. 1 lakh is something I cannot imagine.

Do we really need to spend so much on cables?

If you really want an answer - Yes :)
I cannot imagine using poor profigold 1000 rupee cable even on my budget setup now although i started with it.

Regards

if you need the cable from india
for 500 bucks the best you could do is MX digital
for a thousand you could get the interconnet made usin 125buck spectra plugs and 200rs/ metre interconnect wire also from spectra
Alternatively the 1694A belden would do fine as well

if you can source from abroad the Silversonic cable from DH labs is excellent
a bit over your budget but a good cable

As Gooble has pointed that the answer is yes, and with my point I wanted to clarify that suppose a system which costs around 1 lacs then if we spend amount upto 10k on cables, then till that point we will notice the difference in the sound signature of that system but beyond that amount the extra inventment towards cables would not bring you any more difference to the SQ which would not justify the extra money spent. If your source, amp and speakers are of poor quality then in that case too you can notice the difference upto 10% of the cost of that system beyond which it won't create a magic to the SQ.

Did a one hr test btw:
MX 250 rs IC
Belden 2000 rs LC1 ICs
Monoprice 150 rs IC

hi, Thanx a lot sir u r the only one telling truth in this forum and I really apriciate it:):)

MBR wrote "In my system, I could not find any difference between them. All 3 sounded the same. I was totally stunned. No clue why this is."

Changappa responded "hi, Thanx a lot sir u r the only one telling truth in this forum and I really apriciate it. "
Changappa, MBR may well be telling the truth as he perceives it, in his system. ; it certainly isn't the universal truth.
Good quality ICs/speaker cables specially designed for audio definitely make a difference provided your system is transparent & resolving enough.
This is universally accepted in the audiophile community.
Your statement that MBR is the only one telling the truth in this forum is a bit harsh & unfair-there is no habit of lying or misleading among the forum members!

hi, Thanx a lot sir u r the only one telling truth in this forum and I really apriciate it:):)

Well a one hr test might not be the right way to decide the result. I just posted my first impression, until and unless I do a comprehensive test this cannot be fact :)

And I dont think others lie here, all these guys are well respected and talk from experience :) so do trust them

Yes Changappa , Please trust us. Cables do make a difference. :yahoo: It all depends upon what type of system you are using. If you have a very basic system , I would recommend to spend Rs.25/- and get a Chin wa sowh Cables from China and you will not hear the diff between that and the Nordost.

If you really want an answer - Yes :)
I cannot imagine using poor profigold 1000 rupee cable even on my budget setup now although i started with it.

Regards

Well, going by my admittedly poor experience with Hifi systems, I would politely disagree and move on.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back