Rca to xlr

COOLDUDE7808

Hi ,

I have a Marantz PM7001 and CD 6003 . Recently purchased a UD7007 primarily for Music . It has XLR (balanced ) output . But PM7001 has only RCA inputs . I am not quite happy with the RCA sound quality .

Can i connect XLR of UD7007 to RCA of PM7001 ? . I did some googling and found that its possible but some said it may damage the equipment (PM7001) due to difference in voltage etc . so use a converter/ adapter etc ...

has somebody tried this and how does this work . What should I do and where will get the chord/adapter/converter etc in mumbai

Regards
Srinivas

I used XLR output of my ESI Juli@ sound card to RCA outputs... I made DIY cables as converters not fitting

Yes you can connect. Use xlr to rca cables.

What seems to be the problem ?

When you use XLR to RCA in your system, the end voltage from that output will be equal to the RCA output of the UD7007 which you are feeding in to the amp already.

Cheers.

Hi ,

Thanks
did some googling and found this - MX XLR 3 PIN MIC FEMALE TO RCA FEMALE CONNECTOR

MX MDR ELECTRONICS & MX ELECTRONICS & HDMI & CCTV CAMERA & DVR & SDI ACCESSORIES & VGA ; DVI & APPLE ACCESSORIES & CABLES & CONNECTORS & HOME THEATER CABLES & PRO-AUDIO / STUDIO ACCESSORIES & FIBER OPTICS & CABLE MANAGEMENT & CABLE ORGANISER & VIDEO

Can I get the below in india (XLR to RCA Converter )- appreciate if somebody can send me links ...I could not find any in google

Sescom AUD-XLR-RCA 1-Channel XLR to RCA Balanced to Unbalanced Audio Converter

Sescom SES-ON-THE-LEVEL RCA to XLR Audio Level Converter with Level Controls

In case I get this from US , can I use this with an adapter in India ?

Last edited:
I've used the MX XLR to RCA converter/adapters in the past.
You can use them without a problem - they cost less than Rs 150 here in Hyderabad.

thanks JLS001

Output from Marantz - UD7007

Analog audio output :
2 channels output terminal : Balanced terminal, 1 set
Output level : 4 Vrms (10 k?)

Input in Marantz PM7001

Input sensitivity/Input impedance
CD, LINE, TUNER, AUX/DVD, RECORDER..... 200mV/20k?

can I go ahead without a transformer based balun adapter ?

Regards
Srinivas

can I go ahead without a transformer based balun adapter ?

Your case - output from source is XLR balanced, and destination device's input is RCA unbalanced - is 4B in the linked Rane Notes page. It is really very simple and will work without a hitch.

My case is reverse of your's: output from buffer is RCA unbal, and it goes to power amp which has only balanced XLR input (coinciding with no. 17 on Rane Notes). I use a modified version of 17, making it a pseudo-balanced cable. Diagram below:

GA4QlFI.png

This cable works very well.

If your current cable is balanced, as already suggested by other members, you can use XLR-RCA adapters.

Your UD7007 balanced out will be a male socket. So your balanced cable's female plug will plug into the UD7007 out.

The other end of the balanced cable is male XLR plug.

So you need an adapter which has female XLR socket at one end, and an RCA male plug at the other end.

Buy Neutrik from Kiran Sales Lamington Road. Phone 23862749. Champion Rubber may also have it. You will need two. Avoid MX adapters.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back