RCA Y splitter

renjith lal

Hi,

I have two sub woofers (one from SVS and another from Defenitive technologies) and my present AVR has only one sub woofer out.

I want to buy an RCA Y splitter for connecting two sub woofer. Will use two sub woofer cable to connect to two subs and other end will connect to RCS Y splitter.

Saw one good option in SVS website.
SVS Gold RCA Y Adapter - RCA Signal Splitter 1-Male To 2-Female: For Connecting Two RCA Cables to a Single RCA Output Jack
But the issue is that it is not available with SVS India dealer.:mad:

I am looking for RCA male to two female splitter. Saw some option in amazon.in but didn't find any good option.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks
Renjith

Renjith,

I am using the regular RCA Sub woofer cable from Mr. Murthy and the quality is good. I am not sure if he makes RCA Y split cable, but you can still check with him as well.

Thanks reignofchaos.
This looks decent but only issue is time. I have got sub and AVR one month back and still not used it yet due to multiple reason. One is absence of Y splitter and another thing due to some carpentry work at home.
Actual carpenter work was very less but they were not coming at all.:mad:
Hence I don't want to wait that long though the option seems to be a decent one.

Thanks reignofchaos.
This looks decent but only issue is time. I have got sub and AVR one month back and still not used it yet due to multiple reason. One is absence of Y splitter and another thing due to some carpentry work at home.
Actual carpenter work was very less but they were not coming at all.:mad:
Hence I don't want to wait that long though the option seems to be a decent one.

Hi Renjith, I think I have a Y splitter (its a single side male RCA pin to 2 RCA female adapter cable) brought from Amazon US sometime back lying idle with me. PM me if you need it. You will still need to use a good quality subwoofer cable to connect as the splitter is only a adapter with 3" cables.

Thanks manniraj. I am interested.
Can you send me picture or any link to see the product?
In amazon india I saw some rca splitters which was not that good.

You have two *different subs*. Integrating two different subs will not be easy without measurements. I'd strongly suggest that you get a Mini DSP and measuring mike instead. Downside is that Mini DSP costs 100$, so if you can afford go for it.

Measurements will help you decide where your should place your subs AND also equalize them. Mini DPS will also do the job of splitting upto 4 subs.

If you want the splitter, check out MX stores @ SP road. He usually has such connectors and splitters. Will not cost more than 300, worst case. I'd expect it to be about 100-150.

Last edited:
Thanks ShaQ.Blogs.
I ordered Y splitter from Amazon US and my friend is coming from US and he will carry it.The same cable is priced more than twice in amazon india.

Positioning of sub is an issue because my setup is in living room. I dont have too many options due to space or convenience. I have SVS PB 2000 and Defenitive Tech super cube3 sub.
One is very big and other one small. I am using Anthem ARC to correct room response.Not sure it will give good results. Otherwise I will do a sub woofer crawl and try to position one sub at that location.

I am planning to use left and right connection instead of LFE connection. I will try to get cable from MX store. I ordered Y splitter only from from Amazon US.

hi renjith,

why dont you try diy method and if you are good in soldering this method is cheap and very effective,get rca connectors female and male,and with some good thick guage cable say 16awg or less... you are done.

thanks
r.s

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back