Rdio closing down! What are the next options?

sid0710

Since rdio has been acquired by Pandora, it is closing down this month. It was serving me well till now. Now, the question is what are the other options in India(No spotify as VPN won't work in office). Any comparisons between those services would be helpful. Saavn and gaana are the most popular, which one has better sound quality and music discovery tools?

I use both Spotify and iTunes and recommend them highly. But you will need VPN for certain areas, not much of a workaround for that I am afraid.

I also use Google Music for streaming my own music collection. Google lets you add 20,000 of your own tracks which you can then stream anywhere. Will take a little bit of time to set up, but totally worth it if you have a collection that is less than 20,000 tracks. Google Music in conjunction with Chromecast Audio will let you set a higher bit rate so the quality (technically) can be better.

Another option is to host your own server in the cloud, it is as simple as using an external HDD/cloud device, but also a bit tricky as you will need to setup and configure your router, assign an IP address, etc.

Streaming my own collections seems a good option. But I guess it won't work on web interface. Also, what I loved most about rdio was the social music discovery which won't be there in streaming my own collection.

Apple music, though app is still in beta. Also chrome cast support is missing, though otherwise the app works great.

Wynk has better quality than both Saavn and Gaana. Have all three and Wynk almost always sounds better for the same song.

Hi All,

I am in the same quandary....

I do not have a too much of a personal collection in hard drive and whatever is there is in 128kbps.

Rdio was a life saver....extremely good quality and good collection in English songs. With it closing down, it has left me in a lurch.

Can wynk play from the laptop - the website looks very confused....or rather making me very confused.

It is on google play or Apple store....i do not want the music on my phone - i want it to simply stream from my lappy.

Help???

Any other streaming service which has decent quality....

cheers,

Anyone suggest good App for playing music offline. I have used Gaana and Svaan in past but both don't give offline music although they claim. If the mobile is offline for longer period of time, then the Apps do not respond unlike downloaded songs in iTunes which remains there. I unsubscribed both. Can anyone suggest App which can play songs even of you are offline for days. But the music quality should be good, at least 320kbps bit rate.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back