• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Re: good active speakers or marshall Woburn

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

Passive_audio_enthusiast

Since you mentioned portable, I think a two box speaker setup is out of question. I think something like a sounlink Mini is portable but sound wise not the best but still decent. I would suggest the popular jbl flip 5 or charge 4 depending on the budget. Anything bigger than it is mostly not portable. I personally like beoplay Bluetooth speakers but they are not dust or waterproof which is a let down. Also the material used on them needs more baby sitting. UE Megaboom 3 or flip would be my portable speaker as they have the form factor which can fit into the bottle pouch of a backpack.

for a home active speaker, consider also the beoplay s3. Beautiful sound, not neutral though!

vineetrad

Vifa Oslo. Much better and more audiophile sound to my ears than the Marshall and certainly the JBL.

Here you cna see how it compared with the several lakh Devialet Phantom, obviously bass is no contest but on balance and fidelity its great:

The best YT channel for portable audio is Clavinetjunkie (Oluv's Gadgets) and Speaker Toni