Re: good active speakers or marshall Woburn

Since you mentioned portable, I think a two box speaker setup is out of question. I think something like a sounlink Mini is portable but sound wise not the best but still decent. I would suggest the popular jbl flip 5 or charge 4 depending on the budget. Anything bigger than it is mostly not portable. I personally like beoplay Bluetooth speakers but they are not dust or waterproof which is a let down. Also the material used on them needs more baby sitting. UE Megaboom 3 or flip would be my portable speaker as they have the form factor which can fit into the bottle pouch of a backpack.

for a home active speaker, consider also the beoplay s3. Beautiful sound, not neutral though!

Vifa Oslo. Much better and more audiophile sound to my ears than the Marshall and certainly the JBL.

Here you cna see how it compared with the several lakh Devialet Phantom, obviously bass is no contest but on balance and fidelity its great:

The best YT channel for portable audio is Clavinetjunkie (Oluv's Gadgets) and Speaker Toni

As mentioned earlier my budget would be not more then 50k as it is for weekend home and though more will be for music I need to have all possible connectivity options in which wireless and Bluetooth is a must
Hi,
You can consider the Kugel BT - Thonet & Vander. 140-RMS

Hi, am looking for decent speaker with good sq as well as strong enough for in-house party stuff, anything active which can match sound of marshall Woburn which I have already known since long and keep hearing it regularly at my cousins place, also I need kind of portable solution so won’t be looking for passive setup like amp + speakers

thanks in advance
hi there do try and audition the Kii3 active speakers. One of the finest i have ever heard ! But they are not portable. But give them an audition nevertheless.
cheers!
Anand

Hi,
You can consider the Kugel BT - Thonet & Vander. 140-RMS
Any clue of availability in Mumbai where I can check it out ? In current situation it would be really difficult
Edit:
Any one can give info on checking Klipsch and KEF in Mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for replies, now after lockdown been staying at weekend home and getting understand another issue of power cut as its remote location, though i have the inverter and stabilizer but what i have seen is when TV is on and power cuts then it restarts may be due to switch over from MAINS to INVERTER and viceversa

till now my pick is Marshall Woburn II but due to above still in delimma, if hearing at loud volume and such happens, where it disconnects for a bit and again getting ON then is it gonna damage the speaker ?

whats the advice on above OR other i need to check for such with rechargeable battery

Any one has experience or personal reviews of Bose S1 Pro, my current short lists are
Marshall Woburn II and Bose S1 Pro (+ point is its rechargeable)

in the same boat as you :) so following this thread!
I have my eye on Klipsch R-41M if i can strech Klipsch R-51M ... auditioned it a year back still loved the imaging and clarity. Yes its lil bright but loved the fluidity can add woofer later if required.. please consider auditioning it once..
Klipsch R-51M is do have protective case I think. we need to very careful while handling

Looks like I have not seen the thread for some time.. After too many analysis wanted to settle for Sonos.. Didn't get any credible used one.. Considering prices in US is reasonable...
I settled for Amazon Echo studio.. I know its not for purists.. For me it worked as I listen music normally not direct to source.. For 20k it has enough punch and room filling and smart is definite bonus no more searching for numbers.. Just tell it.. Someday would add another in the group..

Dear All,
Getting time to close on the buy and got few more options as below from references but difficult for demos and hence my buy is purely on advice and individual experience, though marshall woburn i have experienced and its in my ears always, so pls post your thoughts / advices any at earliest.

Marshall Woburn II (demo taken)
Bose S1 Pro (+1 for rechargeable feature) will be taking demo in day or 2
Denon Home 350 (demo not possible/difficult)
Heos 5 / 7 (demo not possible/difficult)

Cheers

A long time Marshall fan here and can vouch for them esp. if Rock, Metal, Blues, Jazz etc. dominate your listening. May not be the best for stuff like Hip-Hop, EDM and other predominantly synthesized genre.

Have not listened to the specific Bose model you have mentioned, but have consistently found the ones I have heard to be "naam bade darshan chote" types as far as SQ goes. I wouldn't even put Bose and Marshall in the same league.

A long time Marshall fan here and can vouch for them esp. if Rock, Metal, Blues, Jazz etc. dominate your listening. May not be the best for stuff like Hip-Hop, EDM and other predominantly synthesized genre.

Have not listened to the specific Bose model you have mentioned, but have consistently found the ones I have heard to be "naam bade darshan chote" types as far as SQ goes. I wouldn't even put Bose and Marshall in the same league.
True about ur comments on Bose, but some where Bose S1 Pro looks bit promising but yes have to check on demo soon and then will comment again, marshal Woburn has 2 woofers and be it any genre it is gr8

Planning to pick a Marshall active 2 & a stanmore 2 by next month from Amazon mostly. Anyone aware of best price its been till now? (Currently 21 & 30). Thanks!

Me too got into same dilemma. I have NAD 3020 and I was searching for good bookshelves speakers. I have panasonic ST30 plasma and also wanted a 2.1 kind of. I was also considering Marshal speakers. I was so much tempted to buy Marshall Wobourn after seeing the review in amazon and our FMs opinion. I came a across used Marshall Woburn classic which I bargained for 20K. Now I am in total dilemma: to buy a Q acoustic 3020i (24 K) or used Woburn classic (20K) ? My budget allows me to choose either one of those!

Can I connect the my TV out to NAD 3020 and use my stereo setup for TV also?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back