Re: good active speakers or marshall Woburn

Ghostrider

Hi, am looking for decent speaker with good sq as well as strong enough for in-house party stuff, anything active which can match sound of marshall Woburn which I have already known since long and keep hearing it regularly at my cousins place, also I need kind of portable solution so won’t be looking for passive setup like amp + speakers

thanks in advance

+1 on this query
I love the sound of the woburn. Havent heard cymbals and string instruments sound better on another speaker (i dont have mich experience with high end speakers though). I got the homepod recently but dont think it compares with the woburn.
i am now looking for a active speaker setup for my living room which i would like to pair with my TV as well. Any thoughts?

+1 on this query
I love the sound of the woburn. Havent heard cymbals and string instruments sound better on another speaker (i dont have mich experience with high end speakers though). I got the homepod recently but dont think it compares with the woburn.
i am now looking for a active speaker setup for my living room which i would like to pair with my TV as well. Any thoughts?
I was looking at good portable solution for weekend home, once i thought about Sony party box such V72D which would be fun for kids and its loud as well overall, but after listening to woburn which is loud and clear instruments along with tight bass it just looks promising.

I use a KEF LSX active speaker system. I feel its the best active speakers under $1200. I also Auditioned the Kanto Tuk, Edifier S3000 Pro, but chose the LSX because of its imaging and sound stage. I use it in my desk for near field listening, for which it works brilliantly, which is more than I can say for all the other speakers in its class.

I doubt anything tops Genelec for me! The smallest speakers G1 costs 80k per pair, but the detail, soundstage, and everything else is just out of the world! Highly recommend it for purely music listening!

P:S - Is not wireless...

As mentioned earlier my budget would be not more then 50k as it is for weekend home and though more will be for music I need to have all possible connectivity options in which wireless and Bluetooth is a must

in the same boat as you :) so following this thread!
I have my eye on Klipsch R-41M if i can strech Klipsch R-51M ... auditioned it a year back still loved the imaging and clarity. Yes its lil bright but loved the fluidity can add woofer later if required.. please consider auditioning it once..

+1 on this query
All the Marshall speakers as well as the headphones have a special quality to them. If you listen to a lot of rock, blues and jazz you will appreciate Marshall voicing. The drum kit is reproduced with a lot of realism. Guitars sound fat. Great tonality in my book.

I have heard the B&O BT speaker that looks like a picnic basket, also sounds full bodied and precise, very burnished and sophisticated sound.

These speakers are so good, I have often wondered if you need anything more for the enjoyment of your favorite music.

My experience with UE Boom was terrible. I will not buy anything that advertises 360% sound.

I have their smaller cousins the Marshall Stanmore and i must say they are mighty impressive. They have tight bass in quantities sufficient for majority of the crowd (other than bassheads) & treble response is fantastic. While i auditioned numerous competitors in similar price range of sub-30k none of them even came close to these.

in the same boat as you :) so following this thread!
I have my eye on Klipsch R-41M if i can strech Klipsch R-51M ... auditioned it a year back still loved the imaging and clarity. Yes its lil bright but loved the fluidity can add woofer later if required.. please consider auditioning it once..
Any idea how the Klipsch.s sound compared to the Marshall? I just can’t get the way the guitars strings and the drums sounded on the Marshall.
would love some thoughts on the ELAC debut 6.2 series and the Kef 350s as well -I know the latter two are passive but happy to explore those as well

I have demoed the ELAC 6.2 , they sounded much warmer than the Concept 20 and also had much higher bass as well. IMO guitar strings sounded better on the concept 20s compared to the 6.2. Did not hear the Kef till date so cant comment on the same.

Any idea how the Klipsch.s sound compared to the Marshall? I just can’t get the way the guitars strings and the drums sounded on the Marshall.
would love some thoughts on the ELAC debut 6.2 series and the Kef 350s as well -I know the latter two are passive but happy to explore those as well
Sir, I have used Marshal Stanmore for sometime... It has nice and strong signature. But it lacks the transparency and layering feel you get in Klipsch. Marshall had to do a lot of processing to put out solid sound. For 35K Klipsch is worth, If Marshal can be had for some 15-20 .. but not worth the price they command
thanks,
Kannan

Sir, I have used Marshal Stanmore for sometime... It has nice and strong signature. But it lacks the transparency and layering feel you get in Klipsch. Marshall had to do a lot of processing to put out solid sound. For 35K Klipsch is worth, If Marshal can be had for some 15-20 .. but not worth the price they command
thanks,
Kannan

The Stanmore sound amazing when played with a DAC via aux cable or LDAC bluetooth connection (personally noticed this) as compared to direct bluetooth playback. The treble became more noticeable and bass was much tighter. But I agree that at 35k budget passive speakers will be a much better buy.

Why are we comparing Marshall wireless speakers with Klipsch (and other) passive speakers? Has anyone tried the Heritage wireless speaker series of Klipsch? Wonder how they compare with the Marshall speakers (more like to like comparison)!

Why are we comparing Marshall wireless speakers with Klipsch (and other) passive speakers? Has anyone tried the Heritage wireless speaker series of Klipsch? Wonder how they compare with the Marshall speakers (more like to like comparison)!

Nope i was comparing Klipsch active Book shelf speakers - Klipsch R-51M /R41M .. this retails around 35K
-Kannan

I don’t know your budget but for a cost no object purchase Kii Three and Dutch And Dutch 8C are top runners.

I have the KEF LS50 wireless and it deserves to be auditioned.

I own a pair of Devialet Phantom gold and it can get any party started.It also is relatively easy to move around.

I was looking at good portable solution for weekend home, once i thought about Sony party box such V72D which would be fun for kids and its loud as well overall, but after listening to woburn which is loud and clear instruments along with tight bass it just looks promising.
So Is battery backup a necessity? If so buy a kill burn and that should be the end of that. Cheaper alternative is the UE boom where you can make 2 of them stereo through the app.
if you want a wired speaker with loads of bass and soft treble, yes the Woburn is awesome.

All the Marshall speakers as well as the headphones have a special quality to them. If you listen to a lot of rock, blues and jazz you will appreciate Marshall voicing. The drum kit is reproduced with a lot of realism. Guitars sound fat. Great tonality in my book.

I have heard the B&O BT speaker that looks like a picnic basket, also sounds full bodied and precise, very burnished and sophisticated sound.

These speakers are so good, I have often wondered if you need anything more for the enjoyment of your favorite music.

My experience with UE Boom was terrible. I will not buy anything that advertises 360% sound.
This guy is spot on. I’ll also add the Bose SL and SLM. Nothing compared even to the use boom. Practically no bass on the bose. Files played were flac over BT. Same phone same app. Music genre will be a great way to pick your speaker. Marshall’s sound signature is a bit laid back and soft speaker.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back