RE: Reviews on Theaters in your cities- PQ, SQ, Cost, Attitude, etc.

svenkateshsmart

RE: Reviews on Theaters in your cities- PQ, SQ, Cost, Attitude, etc. - Chennai

Hi,

After reading Ram's, our mod, post about Devi Bala, especially the way he narrated including his wife in the scene and his post also included not only SQ and PQ, but also the variety and costs of snacks and attitude of theatre employees, which is something that starts from the parking lot till we come out safely.

Also, the way they maintain the seats, dont want to be specific about somethings, you guys surely know what I mean,:eek:hyeah:etc.

This will be helpful for others who take all the trouble in planning for a movie along with their family and end up seeing a dhoti and some actor resembling other due to poor PQ and high volume causing headache and bad manners spoiling the quality time and for some, looking stupid in front of their :lol:.

Of course, the main thing, our hard earned money, we can buy an audio CD or a DVD for that cost:eek:hyeah:

So, I invite all members to post your reviews and experience and recommendations on the theaters in your cities.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Reviews on Theaters in your cities- PQ, SQ, Cost, Attitude, etc.

Thanks man this is what us wanted .........
Same was suggested by me in MBR's post hanks for taking the initative...

I wld like to share a small technical review of Big cinema,R-mall,Mulund,Mumbai.
I saw 3idiots few weeks back.I found Dialogues were coming from Left corner of Screen.Rest effects were Good.So I doubt Centre ch is placed on Lt side & perhaps SW @ Rt.corner.It was screen2.

Rest nothing speciall abt Theatre,Just nice like other Mall.

PQ - 9/10
SQ - 9/10 (they have Pulze surrounds)
Coast - 120,150 Sunday add 50 more
Overall -8/10 (other Theatre have better seats )

Last edited:

I wld like to share a small technical review of Big cinema,R-mall,Mulund,Mumbai.
I saw 3idiots few weeks back.I found Dialogues were coming from Left corner of Screen.Rest effects were Good.So I doubt Centre ch is placed on Lt side & perhaps SW @ Rt.corner.It was screen2.

Rest nothing speciall abt Theatre,Just nice like other Mall.

PQ - 9/10
SQ - 9/10 (they have Pulze surrounds)
Coast - 120,150 Sunday add 50 more
Overall -8/10 (other Theatre have better seats )

Normally a theater will have more than one center channel speakers. Probably the one near the left side may be working at that time.

Normally a theater will have more than one center channel speakers. Probably the one near the left side may be working at that time.

Thanks for info,
I felt,during dialogue,background music was coming from Rtside & speech from Lt.

I think this thread would be more useful if split up by city. Thereby it would be even more relevant. Just a suggestion.

Venkat,

It would be good if you put City's name first, Chennai isn't visible at all until I open the thread.

Hi,

I think it is in the hands of moderator, not able to edit the same. Asking moderator for help:sos:

Cheers!

Well though its good idea,it will limit the thread as no.of Theatres dont increase by no.s much & after few posting ,the thread can go dead.:sad:

Sterling Cineplex. Fort Mumbai

Awesome PQ, Amazing SQ.

Ticket Price : 120-150.

Great Lobby with food stalls where one can hang out if there is some time for the movie to start, and that too without buying anything to eat :clapping:. Close proximity to CST rly. station is an extra advantage.

Movies seen there by me: Eagle Eye, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back