Re: System for weekend home

Ghostrider

Hi,

I am looking for music system for weekend home, i dont intend to place TV and hence it will be purely for music but not sure might later add TV

So i need a nice Amp + Stereo speakers setup or some mini hifi kind of setup, would prefer portability to move in lawn or so but am sure will not get in amp form.

Other option can be of sound bar which can be portable and can be moved but should have good power.

It should have good clarity and output, as of now i am ok with budget of 50k

Kindly suggest pls

Thanks in advance

Hi

If it is purely for music and if it will be used only during weekends once you visit that place, i would strongly suggest a compact hifi system which were much in boom during the 90s and 2000s.....those are real crazy sets which delivered good quality sound at low and high volumes....Sony ruled quite well...such sets (including made in Japan ones) are still found being sold over olx etc (preowned). You can also look at analog type amp rack sets which have tower speakers.......infact i did this at my inlaws weekend home for my room ......less maintenance and good sound....

What's your location?
There's a DIY amp and speakers for sale by FM sadik of Vadodara.

Hi, The lawn (outdoor) usage is tricky. At my farmhouse, I tried a lot of options (bookshelves) but they all seemed like low output when used in open outdoors. Finally went for an Ahuja Amp & 2 big speakers. Fixed on a trolley...

Its surely not the best clarity sound but works wonders in the open. Anyway no one notices sound quality vs loudness after a few drinks ;-)

For living room music & movies I use a Philips Fidelio soundbar. The detachable side speakers give good surround sound when placed at back of the room. Pretty good sound clarity for both movies & music.

Any one has review on Sony MHC V50D, i tried visiting nearby Croma by they didnt had in stock there.
I have a nice lawn and also getting pool done so portability will be useful for me for sure, 2.1 speakers or book shelves will be in one direction and playing in open space will not be a good idea, may be or not.

How about a portable yet powerful sound bar if any !

Sorry, I missed the lawn bit earlier.
You could look at trolley speakers. Tops for portability and outdoor use. They can have pretty good sound as well. Some come with karaoke mikes, etc

Still am not able to finalise on anything, my pool plan is cancelled due to its regular maintenance requirement.

So now can relax portability parameter a bit and can thing of good compact HiFi system or 2.0 setup with amp and powerful speakers with good bass or may be 2.1 but woofer placement might be issue hence would prefer 2.0 with all sort of connectivity for music hence pls suggest, I came across one website www.tanotis.com it’s in Bangalore with couple of compact systems, if any such in Mumbai then can visit and demo it

Thanks

Rather than buying scrap overhyped toys of portable speakers i Would make this as an investment call. There are lot of good deals on my friend Mr anil hifimart. Just pickup Book Shelps which can be used further in HTS if needed. Boston Acoustics a great buy played with Amps like low cost Norge is a great buy you can buy a wifibluetooth pendrive costing hardly few bucks and turn to wireless. I had done this and sound is amazing not boxy likeportables...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back