receiver package 300k

himadri

hi everyone
im looking for a very musical receiver with matching speakers for a home theatre package
budget 300k
suggestions are welcome
arcam , rotel , nad with dynaudio, b&w, proac, deftechcs on my mind

I would say rotel & nad in that order though arcam is rated higher but you must also give due weight to your local dealer as well as the Indian distributor. You must consider the ability of the dealer to service & the no of yrs the brand has dealt with him or vice versa.
I would also suggest you give the tannoy eyris a try if your focus is more on vocals. For your woofer you should definitely consider velodyne.As for the speakers from your shortlist proac seem to be the most musical.
But hearing is believing.So suit your self.Cheers

thanks neo. actually this package is for my brother. the problem is have been using denon integrated PMA2000IVR , denon cd player and def tech supertowers.MOST OF THE MARANTZ AND DENON RECEIVERS (including 3805)i hve come across have good specs but lack in sound quality of the PMA?.do u really think the rotel and nad receivers can match the resolution and details of the PMA2000?what is your experience in this regard?

Arcam AVR 350 is the finest musical av receiver you would find in the market and thats a no brainer. For the source you could use either DV 137 or 139 from the Arcam stable.

As for speakers, Arcam electronics pair best with Audio vector and PMC monitors, neither of which are available in the country. The next best in my opinion is the ProAc Studio series.

However I don't think ProAc Studio's would fit in your budget. So you could try out the EPOS which is in the same genre of sound as the ProAcs. I would say they deliver about 80% of sound quality of ProAc Studios. Even then you would probably have to stretch your budget by another 75K unless you choose to phase out your purchase.

Coming to after sales support, all these brands are available through local distributors and they will back you up to the hilt.

Last edited:
thanks av explorer
im glad u confirmed my hunch about arcam. thats exactly what i had in mind.as regards epos i dont know who does it in india?
though im based in chattisgarh but this package is in delhi.is there anyone in delhi who deals in epos?or for that matter moniter audio?thanks anyway.

Yes you can certainly rest assured about the Arcam AVR 350. They definitely are best in business today where it matters most...sound quality.

EPOS is made available in the country through "Reference Point" in Bangalore. I'm not sure if they have a dealer in delhi, but you could contact Venky and figure that out. Even if they dont, I'm sure he'll find a way to have it shipped to your address. He can put you off sometimes, 'coz thats the way he presents himself..."cold".

For a warmer response you could contact Prithvi from Absolute Phase...
He's a dealer of a whole lot of stuff among which are EPOS and ProAc.

Arcam is represented in the country by X-Pro Systems from Faridabad

hi everyone
im looking for a very musical receiver with matching speakers for a home theatre package
budget 300k
suggestions are welcome
arcam , rotel , nad with dynaudio, b&w, proac, deftechcs on my mind

Hi!

Would surely suggest these combos if your budget permits:
1. DYNAUDIO WITH PRIMARE
2. ARCAM WITH PROAC
3. PRIMARE WITH PROAC
4. ARCAM WITH EPOS.

The Arcam AVR350 or even the new 280 are very musical a/v receivers and sadly the Primare AVR is nearly 80% of your budget, very good and excellent build.

As AV ex mentioned the EPOS come very close to the PROACs, but a PROAC is a PROAC.:D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back