Recliner vs Convertible Sofa

fLUX

Hi Guys,

I have cleared the queen size bed from the bedroom in order to free up some space in the room. I have the permission to get a 2 seater recliner now , but I keep wondering whether recliners are more comfortable than a sofa (which converts into a bed too). Any inputs on the same and also any suggestions for either of the one from your end. The recliner would be like a sofa itself with no partition in middle. The room dimensions are 15 by 11. Attached are some images of the room

Attachments

• IMG-20201228-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20201228-WA0006.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-20201228-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20201228-WA0007.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 115
Check on furlenco whether they have both types. You could rent them out for a month and decide which one does a better job.

MaSh

Bedroom = Bed + Room. If this is where one sleeps, then a conventional bed is most comfortable for the purpose. Why compromise? Or is this a spare room that you intend converting into a lounge?

Agree with the nice and simple equation there from Sachin :)

Slightly expensive but might be just the thing for you. Just go and try them out.

Bedroom = Bed + Room. If this is where one sleeps, then a conventional bed is most comfortable for the purpose. Why compromise? Or is this a spare room that you intend converting into a lounge?

This is a guest room converted into a dedicated room , a conventional bed has already been given away. Only when guests come to stayI will be sleeping in that room , but the suggestion is purely from a movie watching and music listening perspective

This is a guest room converted into a dedicated room , a conventional bed has already been given away. Only when guests come to stayI will be sleeping in that room , but the suggestion is purely from a movie watching and music listening perspective
Ah, ok. Then it is a multi-purpose room. The flexibility of two single-seating recliners could be more useful in that case. You could move them around, more comfortable to sit on and independently recline, good for light sleep. Look for a futon (which can be stowed away) to sleep on on the rare days you need to. Convertible sofa is neither here nor there.

The convertible sofa won’t be comfortable for long hours. The home theatre seats reclining angle is different compared to the living room recliners. If you want to have long listening hours without any neck and back pain, a proper HT seat is the way to go

While both recliners and sofa-bed have their pros and cons, being a multipurpose room..
friheten-three-seat-sofa-bed-bomstad-black__0525511_PE644872_S5.JPG

FRIHETEN Three-seat sofa-bed

vimle-2-seat-sofa-bed-tallmyra-black-grey__0829620_PE721535_S5.JPG

VIMLE 2-seat sofa-bed

lidhult-2-seat-sofa-bed-lejde-grey-black__0828720_PE689422_S5.JPG

LIDHULT 2-seat sofa-bed

vimle-3-seat-sofa-bed-tallmyra-black-grey__0787236_PE763192_S5.JPG

VIMLE 3-seat sofa-bed

The convertible sofa won’t be comfortable for long hours. The home theatre seats reclining angle is different compared to the living room recliners. If you want to have long listening hours without any neck and back pain, a proper HT seat is the way to go
One challenge I find with seats is that you cannot wiggle much , but I am leaning towards recliner due to not so good Convertible sofas available.
While both recliners and sofa-bed have their pros and cons, being a multipurpose room..

VIMLE 2-seat sofa-bed

LIDHULT 2-seat sofa-bed

VIMLE 3-seat sofa-bed
Their lineup looks better than anything available at similar prices but IKEA doesn't ship to Bangalore unfortunately

Yes planning on going for a customized one with no hand rest in between the two seats, will use pillows probably. LIke how you said HT recliners are different, any suggested model I can refer to incase i decide to go for a custom made recliner.

Yes planning on going for a customized one with no hand rest in between the two seats, will use pillows probably. LIke how you said HT recliners are different, any suggested model I can refer to incase i decide to go for a custom made recliner.
Since you are in blore try having a demo of Millor from little nap and 802m from recliner India.If no budget constraints you can check Milano from recliners India.Since I purchased 802m from recliner India recently the dealer assured good discounts for any referrals. So let me know if u are interested

Since you are in blore try having a demo of Millor from little nap and 802m from recliner India.If no budget constraints you can check Milano from recliners India.Since I purchased 802m from recliner India recently the dealer assured good discounts for any referrals. So let me know if u are interested

Thanks Navin, will surely check these out. When we say budget no constraint , just want to understand how much Milano recliners would cost ? I enquired with Simply Sofas on the FOMA bed we had been talking about, got a quote of 2.34 L for a 7 by 3, such budgets are not a constraint but an impossible reach :p

Thanks Navin, will surely check these out. When we say budget no constraint , just want to understand how much Milano recliners would cost ? I enquired with Simply Sofas on the FOMA bed we had been talking about, got a quote of 2.34 L for a 7 by 3, such budgets are not a constraint but an impossible reach :p
Milano pure leather Mrp is 1.76L. Artificial leather 1.12L Mrp. Discounts 35-40%

VIMLE 2-seat sofa-bed

LIDHULT 2-seat sofa-bed

VIMLE 3-seat sofa-bed
Forget those ikea stuff, for movie watching. They are not good for long term movie watching or anything. I have friheten and there is a common problem with their design. The cushions have back support only to middle part. The more you lean on them, within 2 months the cushions bend and loose their shape. Its a terrible design. But it works perfectly as a bed. Also the fabric is bit on the warm side! All ideas mentioned here except lidhut will have the same problem

For movie watching nothing can beat a proper movie chair. A second best option would be a a decent recliner. Sofa would be a choice only if you need to repurchase the roo.

I would vote for recliners. If its primarily you, then take two single seater recliners. If its two people watching, then have a two seater recliner (without the hand rest), although the first would be better.

With recliners - Motorised is better than the manual ones, so make sure there is a plug point. For material - Leather>Letherette>Cloth.
Both Recliners India and if you have the budget Stanley is very good.

Not decided on a budget yet, what would be a good budget ?

Real leather for all of the recliner is not cheap, but I absolutely recommend it if you’re looking for long-term usage.

I bought the recliner seats for my HT from Karlsson Leather and I’d highly recommend them. They’re local to you, so you should be able to check them out. If you talk to the owner(Sajith), he ought to be able to recognise me.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back