Reclocking your CD player

This time i came across a sand bag tweak ..it does not need soldering ..
.Jon_Risch's Web Site.

Entry level cd players come with low cost crystal,external vibrations may induce jitter as the piezo crystal is vibration sensitive.

Author recommended a small sand bag;) on the cd player
crystal to get less jitter at the output.

is there a sensible consensus on this jitter thingie? I've read stuff that says that the levels of jitter in a modern day CD player are inaudible, and also stuff that says it is.....like most things in audio there seem to be two camps, 'the believers' who won't do blind tests, and the 'skeptics'......

i wonder if anyone has evaluated this stuff with an open mind and reached their conclusions?

psychotropic,

some experienced audiophile has to evaluate.As the changes if any will be minute,entry level audiophiles may not be able to differenciate.Peter Danial (famous for his DAC)recommended damping below his DAC.

This tweak needs one to open the CDP, so anyone with warranty should not try this.

Last edited:
can someone tell me what is jitter and how can I hear it in my system. (unless I hear it all the time but never knew this was jitter) Putting my phone on vibra over the CDP top will reproduce jitter?

regards

Another cheap tweak is to put a childs' bicycle tube underneath the CDP unit, to take care of vibrations of the surface the CDP is resting on-Viren uses this & testifies to its effectivenss-anm may have noticed this.
But-CAUTION-one has to keep these kind of things within reason & not get obssessed, else very soon, the focus drifts away from listening to music to listening to the presence or absence of jitter etc.

This one works!! Tried it on some earlier occasions & got good results out of NAD CDPs & Marantz ones. The cloth made bag should be something like 2-in x 2-in and that will do. Additional bigger benefit comes from mass-loading the Top of the CDP with a marble/granite slab while that unit dispenses vibration via some decent cones (3 nos in a triangle).

The top of the CDP needs to radiate heat away from the player just like the bonnet of your car. Else it might reduce the life of your CDP. I wouldn't place anything more than a cloth and small sandbag.

Regards

Yes I did notice it.

Another cheap tweak is to put a childs' bicycle tube underneath the CDP unit, to take care of vibrations of the surface the CDP is resting on-Viren uses this & testifies to its effectivenss-anm may have noticed this.
But-CAUTION-one has to keep these kind of things within reason & not get obssessed, else very soon, the focus drifts away from listening to music to listening to the presence or absence of jitter etc.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back