Recommend Balanced Sound Solution for my Smart TV under 15K

rudy

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a sound solution which gives me a balanced good quality sound. Please find the details below

Budget
Rs 15k

Location - Noida (IN)

Listening Tastes
Primarily need it for dialogue clarity for movies played on my smart tv (Netflix, Youtube, PrimeVideo etc)
Listen to a wide variety of music, more of a world music fan though country, folk, sufi I have always loved (Soundcloud, YT Music, Wynk Music)
Do not need earth shattering bass, but good enough to enjoy the bass tracks as well.

Listening Area
Living 4.27m by 3.35m
Master Bedroom 3.35m by 4.27m
Need some sort of portability as I might have to move it between the living and the master bedroom.

Other Features
Wireless Connectivity to play music over bluetooth
Mi TV 4X 50 has HDMI(ARC) and S PDIF - so wired connectivity with tv

Headphones/Earphones I use (If that helps)
I am not an audiophile and I guess but to give you an idea of the minimum quality I expect - I use 1more piston earphones, koss porta pro (the clasic ones) headphones

My research
I have looked into a few soundbars for the same and didn't like the dialogue quality of any of the JBL soundbars priced under 20K ( Bar Studio, Bar 2.1, Cinema Bar)
Based on online research I have found Yamaha YAS 109 might be suitable, but I read here on on of the soundbar posts that monitor speakers like JBL Nano K4. might be useful.

Please suggest.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a sound solution which gives me a balanced good quality sound. Please find the details below

Budget
Rs 15k

Location - Noida (IN)

Listening Tastes
Primarily need it for dialogue clarity for movies played on my smart tv (Netflix, Youtube, PrimeVideo etc)
Listen to a wide variety of music, more of a world music fan though country, folk, sufi I have always loved (Soundcloud, YT Music, Wynk Music)
Do not need earth shattering bass, but good enough to enjoy the bass tracks as well.

Listening Area
Living 4.27m by 3.35m
Master Bedroom 3.35m by 4.27m
Need some sort of portability as I might have to move it between the living and the master bedroom.

Other Features
Wireless Connectivity to play music over bluetooth
Mi TV 4X 50 has HDMI(ARC) and S PDIF - so wired connectivity with tv

Headphones/Earphones I use (If that helps)
I am not an audiophile and I guess but to give you an idea of the minimum quality I expect - I use 1more piston earphones, koss porta pro (the clasic ones) headphones

My research
I have looked into a few soundbars for the same and didn't like the dialogue quality of any of the JBL soundbars priced under 20K ( Bar Studio, Bar 2.1, Cinema Bar)
Based on online research I have found Yamaha YAS 109 might be suitable, but I read here on on of the soundbar posts that monitor speakers like JBL Nano K4. might be useful.

Please suggest.

Edifier R-1850Db
This one have some clear and good quality vocal and is also loud enough for medium size room.

Later you can add subwoofer because this one have a subout too which other bookshelf speakers lack in this range.

Check this out.

14k on Flipkart

The brand is not known for such stuff, how ever take a look at some of the reviews for this model

MaSh
Thanks Mash, that seems like a great option but couldn't find much about the dialogue quality.
Also, the two speakers are wired with a 6 meter wire, not sure if that would be enough to be able to setup so the wire isn't visible.
Correct me if I am wrong, it would still sound good if I don't connect the speakers, and yes I understand the surround sound will be lesser if the speakers are not connected.

Edifier R-1850Db
This one have some clear and good quality vocal and is also loud enough for medium size room.

Later you can add subwoofer because this one have a subout too which other bookshelf speakers lack in this range.
Thanks for the recommendation, checked the reviews around these ones and it seems they have great sound quality. I don't know how they compare to a soundbar setup like the Zebronics and what do you think about the JBL Professional NANO K4-4".
Also, the tv has an HDMI(ARC) port, so wanted to utilize that as well.

JBL NANO K4 are perfect for a small room TV setup (for bedroom as u mentioned)
But cant get loud for large-medium living room ZEB PRO soundbar should be good but i dont know if it can deliver at dialogue clarity

Thanks Mash, that seems like a great option but couldn't find much about the dialogue quality.
Also, the two speakers are wired with a 6 meter wire, not sure if that would be enough to be able to setup so the wire isn't visible.
Correct me if I am wrong, it would still sound good if I don't connect the speakers, and yes I understand the surround sound will be lesser if the speakers are not connected.
A couple of youtube reviews have said the voice is very clear. For the surrounds, I think you can use your own wire of appropriate length.

MaSh

JBL NANO K4 are perfect for a small room TV setup (for bedroom as u mentioned)
But cant get loud for large-medium living room ZEB PRO soundbar should be good but i dont know if it can deliver at dialogue clarity
Thanks Bipin, so you also think Zebronics could be a good choice, any idea about the Zebronics Soundbar vs Edifier R-1850Db

A couple of youtube reviews have said the voice is very clear. For the surrounds, I think you can use your own wire of appropriate length.

MaSh
Yeah, right now I am tilted towards the Zebronics one. I checked wires are inbuilt in the speakers can't be removed. Do you have any other suggestions/ what do you think about the Edifier R-1850Db

Last edited:
Yeah, right now I am tilted towards the Zebronics one. I checked wires are inbuilt in the speakers can't be removed. Do you have any other suggestions/ what do you think about the Edifier R-1850Db
Oh ok. Do they have a patented connector? If not then maybe they can be extended.

Will have to check on the edifier, no idea about it.

MaSh

Thanks Bipin, so you also think Zebronics could be a good choice, any idea about the Zebronics Soundbar vs Edifier R-1850Db
Zebronics pack more punch when compared to edifiers. Again it depends onsize of the room.

So right now I am inclined towards the Zebronics ZEB-Juke Bar 9400 Pro Dolby 5.1 525 W Bluetooth Soundbar. Just that I couldn't find a store where I can have a demo. If anyone has this soundbar and can comment on the dialogue clarity and sound quality in general that would be great.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back