Recommendation for a good music chair / recliner

Checkout Damro in Chennai. They are unbelievable quality for the price. All their recliners are less than 30k.

Not sure of the operations with the whole Sri Lankan debacle going on.

I got 'ferland' from them for like 25k and they are very good..
Damro is terrific quality for the price, makes everything else seem overpriced.

@saikumaar get a good carpenter and get it made. Will save you a good amount of stash.
@Bloom Thanks for your note. I had owned Dutailier glider for years in the past during my stay in US, with the unique glide mechanism and design i doubt a local carpenter will do justice to replicate it having said that it should be in line with measurements and ergonomics.

@Bloom Thanks for your note. I had owned Dutailier glider for years in the past during my stay in US, with the unique glide mechanism and design i doubt a local carpenter will do justice to replicate it having said that it should be in line with measurements and ergonomics.
Obviously you underestimate skills of local carpentry. The best carpenters here will charge dearly , but will get the job done at par , if not better. :)

Check with the folks at Chair Factory (chairfactory.in or something similar). They may be able to do custom orders for you - i had them customize a diwan for me to my specs and they did a very good job at a reasonable price,

Checkout Damro in Chennai. They are unbelievable quality for the price. All their recliners are less than 30k.

Not sure of the operations with the whole Sri Lankan debacle going on.

I got 'ferland' from them for like 25k and they are very good..
Totally agree. Damro is total VFM. I have many a furniture from them (not recliner though) and all of them are proven durable. The finish is also also excellent for the price. Typical Damro furniture is contemporary or even minimalist in design and never out-of-place. I think the trade agreements we have with Sri Lanka is the reason behind the very low import duty of Damro, which the company is graciously passed to the consumer.

After Using Many types of Chairs, and recliners. I finally decided on this with Hometown @30k. I found the recliners to be good in the reclined position, for something like active listening this fixed Chair works well.
Also faux leather or leather aren't very ideal compared to fabric ones.
You can see the Robotic Massage Chair and regular Recliner in the background.

c1_IMG_20220902_093828_     182fd7f5d5f_8.jpeg

After Using Many types of Chairs, and recliners. I finally decided on this with Hometown @30k. I found the recliners to be good in the reclined position, for something like active listening this fixed Chair works well.
Also faux leather or leather aren't very ideal compared to fabric ones.
You can see the Robotic Massage Chair and regular Recliner in the background.

View attachment 71625
Thank you I guess it all depends on how lively your room are and what kind of acoustics you have already to determine leather or fabric. I have seen many places used leather recliners and I didn’t see any issues.

How do like this Lounge chair? Is it comfortable? I have been eyeing it for years now.

Yes. Its quite comfortable. But don't expect the plushness of a sofa. Its a pretty relaxed seating position with good back support. Most importantly, I find the seating position to be quite favorable for stereo.

Yes. Its quite comfortable. But don't expect the plushness of a sofa. Its a pretty relaxed seating position with good back support. Most importantly, I find the seating position to be quite favorable for stereo.
I have plan to buy this lounge chair from Urban Ladder, this chair is very popular for listening music. This chair price suddenly increased 57k to 79k from Sept 2022. Sales guys informed me mid of September they have sale offer and price will droop:mad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back