Recommendation for HT package

sathya6661

Hi members,

Iam planning to setup my first Home Theatre.My requirement is 80% music and 20% movies.I have finalised one package.(Iam planning to import from Dubai)
That is ONKYO TX-SR506 7.1 A/V Receiver and
WHARFEDALE RS 10 Series.
The package costs AED.3699 (INR.3699 * 11.50 =42,540).
So please suggest me for this.

Satya

Hi,

Satya Am sorry to say but both the choices are wrong if your primary need is music ! they may suit for movies but certainly not for music !!

If you want a decent musical speaker then Diamond 8 series is one of the options with the receiver being yamaha 661 or the onkyo 606 !

or alternatively why not buy a dedicated stereo set-up and later on add remaining speakers and An AVR to complete the HTS (since you say 80% music,The priority should be for stereo)

Please consider the above options !!

Regards.

Hi,

Satya Am sorry to say but both the choices are wrong if your primary need is music ! they may suit for movies but certainly not for music !!

If you want a decent musical speaker then Diamond 8 series is one of the options with the receiver being yamaha 661 or the onkyo 606 !

or alternatively why not buy a dedicated stereo set-up and later on add remaining speakers and An AVR to complete the HTS (since you say 80% music,The priority should be for stereo)

Please consider the above options !!

Regards.

Thank you for your suggestion.Could you please explain me regarding buying dedicated stereo set-up.I mean what does it mean and the brand/model should i go for.Iam asking these small basics since iam a new entrant to HT systems .Please solve my problem.Iam planning a budget of INR.50K.

Satya

Hi, if you can give more info we'll be glad to help you. First of all, you gave the cost in AUD, so, will you be buying them in India or Australia? Because these are all priced differently in different countries. Whats the size of the room this will be in and whats the genre of music you listen to. Are you open about second hand equipment.

Hi, if you can give more info we'll be glad to help you. First of all, you gave the cost in AUD, so, will you be buying them in India or Australia? Because these are all priced differently in different countries. Whats the size of the room this will be in and whats the genre of music you listen to. Are you open about second hand equipment.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.I gave the price in AED i.e Dirhams its currency in Dubai.My room size is 12 x 12.I listen mostly Pop and Rock.Iam not planning for second hand.So please suggest me a good setup.Iam planning to import it from Dubai.

Hope you are enjoying ur wharfedales, they are the best at that price range, except one needs a bigger amplifier

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back