Recommendation for Sub Woofer

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

Based on the floor plan shared and attached for the living room can you kindly recommend if I can use a single sub woofer or a dual sub woofer. Due to space I will be comfortable to use a single SUB. The AVR is Marantz SR7013 and use will be 50-50 for movies and music both. Preferred Brands are XTZ and Rhythmik..Please advise which models I can opt for both music and movies.

Attachments

• InkedFLOOR PLAN - SLV CENTRAL PARK_LI.jpg
    InkedFLOOR PLAN - SLV CENTRAL PARK_LI.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 49
Dear FM's,

Based on the floor plan shared and attached for the living room can you kindly recommend if I can use a single sub woofer or a dual sub woofer. Due to space I will be comfortable to use a single SUB. The AVR is Marantz SR7013 and use will be 50-50 for movies and music both. Preferred Brands are XTZ and Rhythmik..Please advise which models I can opt for both music and movies.
For 50:50 movies and music i would suggest sealed subs in rythmik

The Rythmik 15 inch would be a good subwoofer. I have not heard them but they have good reviews. If possible try to hear them personally and judge for yourself. A well designed ported subwoofer will not give out port noise at normal listening volumes else people wouldn't buy them & they wouldn't have been popular for a reason.
Ported or sealed choice would be made on individual subjective music preferences. Both are equally good for the purpose being purchased for.

Newbie Alert!!!. Does this mean we need different subs for different content?
No...
It means if you wish to experience such content to the fullest then the lower your sub goes better will be the experience.( Target 5hz in room response)
For better extension and tighter bass sealed sub is the right product.
However a 12"sealed sub will not produce high SPL like a 12" ported sub so one will have to opt for an 15" or 18" sub to get enough power but has to pay more.

So the Subwoofer selection will depend on the budget and the SPL requirements.
If high SPL is needed at lower budget then ported will obviously be the way to go.
SPL comes first then comes extension and clarity.

I have my custom built 18" subwoofer which goes down to 8hz(105db -in room response)
Performance will improve when I will upgrade the amp.
Now I'm looking at building a 24" so that I can get 115db at 5hz.
I know its going to be expensive and challenging.

Feel free to correct me. Any input will add to my one year of extensive research. :)

Just the first word would have sufficed. :D Nevertheless, some good information. Good luck with your customisation and extensive research.

I have heard prateek makes some killer subs in case u want to go with DIYs and get best bang for ur buck.
If you are not sure then nothing beats Rythmik at price performance ratio in branded category. I sold my pb2000 and waiting for fv15..
let me know if you need any inputs.

Just the first word would have sufficed. :D Nevertheless, some good information. Good luck with your customisation and extensive research.
If it would have been a Pm I would have texted just the first word :)
However as everyone can see it, I thought it might help others if I go into a bit of detail.

I have heard prateek makes some killer subs in case u want to go with DIYs and get best bang for ur buck.
If you are not sure then nothing beats Rythmik at price performance ratio in branded category. I sold my pb2000 and waiting for fv15..
let me know if you need any inputs.
May i know from where did you got hold of the Rythmik sub and for how much ? Thanks!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back