Recommendations for HT setup...

frankoldhapton

Hey folks. Am slowly venturing into Hifi audio platforms, getting to experience the nuances in sound stages and stuff. I need a good Speaker + Dac + Integrated Amp setup for my Sony X95G, sound from the TV is terrible, adding to the horrible sound mixing from Netflix and other OTT platforms for movies(Low sound in Dialogues and high sound during music). Always wanted a decent Home Theatre setup, have some savings, so thought of jumping in. Budget is 50K-60K. Will be upgrading down the line for sure

My preference is mixed, kinda listen to all music, film music mostly, occasionally indie albums, very little metal music, my spotify top 5 have western classicals mostly, not a basshead, at the same time love the mild thump in bass, not overpowering. Use case will be for Movies/Tv and music. Hall Size approx 150sq ft.

Currently have the following speakers in mind; Dac & AVR, I have very little technical knowledge. Kindly guide me guys :)
Wharfedale Diamond 12.1
Elac Debut 2.0
Q Acoustics 3030i

Do you want an integrated amp or an AVR? You have mentioned both in different lines.

Unfortunately, due to prices having shot up during the pandemic, there's not a whole lot of options in that price range.

Since you are in Chennai, you can check with Torvin and see if they have something in your budget. They have some very good reviews.

If you can find a Marantz PM5005 somewhere, that might fit in your budget, but you might still have to compromise on your speakers, because the ones you've listed will take up a huge chunk of your budget.

You can, of course, look for pre-owned as well, if you can find any good deals. There's a Marantz PM6006 currently available in the classifieds section which you can look at.

If you want to buy new, you can consider something like :

Marantz CR412

Paired with Mission LX-1

You can connect via optical cable from TV.

This combo will cost you around 50K.

Next step up would be :

Marantz NR1200

Paired with QA 3020i

This combo will cost you around 80K.

Do you want an integrated amp or an AVR? You have mentioned both in different lines.

Unfortunately, due to prices having shot up during the pandemic, there's not a whole lot of options in that price range.

Since you are in Chennai, you can check with Torvin and see if they have something in your budget. They have some very good reviews.

If you can find a Marantz PM5005 somewhere, that might fit in your budget, but you might still have to compromise on your speakers, because the ones you've listed will take up a huge chunk of your budget.

You can, of course, look for pre-owned as well, if you can find any good deals. There's a Marantz PM6006 currently available in the classifieds section which you can look at.

Yeah i noticed that. Just getting to learn these things, so the confusion. Although i would love to have more than 2 channels, i dont have the provision and the budget, hence will go with integrated amp.

The price of integrated amps is not that much lower than 5.1 AVRs. So if you're interested in a complete hone theatre system, then it makes sense to buy a 5.1 AVR. You can use it with bookshelf speakers for the time being, then add more speakers later, when you have the budget.

You can look at entry level AVRs from Denon. Most everything else will be out of your budget.

You can check listings in the classifieds section. There are a few speakers listed for sale.

Hey folks. Am slowly venturing into Hifi audio platforms, getting to experience the nuances in sound stages and stuff. I need a good Speaker + Dac + Integrated Amp setup for my Sony X95G, sound from the TV is terrible, adding to the horrible sound mixing from Netflix and other OTT platforms for movies(Low sound in Dialogues and high sound during music). Always wanted a decent Home Theatre setup, have some savings, so thought of jumping in. Budget is 50K-60K. Will be upgrading down the line for sure

My preference is mixed, kinda listen to all music, film music mostly, occasionally indie albums, very little metal music, my spotify top 5 have western classicals mostly, not a basshead, at the same time love the mild thump in bass, not overpowering. Use case will be for Movies/Tv and music. Hall Size approx 150sq ft.

Currently have the following speakers in mind; Dac & AVR, I have very little technical knowledge. Kindly guide me guys :)
Wharfedale Diamond 12.1
Elac Debut 2.0
Q Acoustics 3030i
The 3 speakers listed can have fairly varying sound signatures depending on the rest of your chain. Did you audition any of them? Looking thru the classifieds can also throw up more choices in this price range.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back