Rega Apollo or Marantz SA7001

Looks like we have similar taste and trust me if you liked the focal sound then no speaker can satisfy you, go ahead and buy the chorus bookshelf and they pair very well with Marantz PM 15S1.

I find focal sound to be very pleasing, i have the Electra bookshelf.

best of luck.

Do you think that Electra and Chorus series would sound similar?? Also, what do you use for source and amplification??

I liked the chorus 816 tower and really liked it however never really got a chance to hear the bookshelf.. and to make it worse there is no place to audition it.. lolzz

And if you don't mind, how much did you get your electra BS for? Thanks Rajapraveen..

Do you think that Electra and Chorus series would sound similar?? Also, what do you use for source and amplification??

I liked the chorus 816 tower and really liked it however never really got a chance to hear the bookshelf.. and to make it worse there is no place to audition it.. lolzz

And if you don't mind, how much did you get your electra BS for? Thanks Rajapraveen..

If you like the chorus 816 then get it, i have listed to it and i liked it very much.

Electra is more detailed than chorus or the profile series and has a bigger sound stage and deeper bass, Electra series is also slightly forward sounding.I have amplification by mccormack audio and Cambridge audio and a musical fidelity pre.The source is a NOS dac and marantz cd player.Cables are nordost.

Focals generally have good efficiency and don't require powerful amplification but it does pair very well with high current amplifiers.

i bought the Electra bookshelf 5 years ago and it cost approx 3.8k dollars.

I heard the Cobalt series bookshelf with the Marantz PM11 and sound was very good. no harshness in the hi freq and the mid was very good. If you listen to jazz and vocal based music, i bet you will love this combo. Heard the Chorus with denon in Profx, could not come to any conclusion. The built quality of cobalt is way better then the chorus series.

If you like the chorus 816 then get it, i have listed to it and i liked it very much.

Electra is more detailed than chorus or the profile series and has a bigger sound stage and deeper bass, Electra series is also slightly forward sounding.I have amplification by mccormack audio and Cambridge audio and a musical fidelity pre.The source is a NOS dac and marantz cd player.Cables are nordost.

Focals generally have good efficiency and don't require powerful amplification but it does pair very well with high current amplifiers.

i bought the Electra bookshelf 5 years ago and it cost approx 3.8k dollars.

You seem to have a killer of a setup.. I wish I could afford such a one.. lolzz I will make up my mind and let you know.. thanks for your suggestion!

I heard the Cobalt series bookshelf with the Marantz PM11 and sound was very good. no harshness in the hi freq and the mid was very good. If you listen to jazz and vocal based music, i bet you will love this combo. Heard the Chorus with denon in Profx, could not come to any conclusion. The built quality of cobalt is way better then the chorus series.

I think the Cobalt series has been discontinued because I couldn't find any even on their website.. Am I missing something here??

Also, how about the Dali Ikon 2 and Usher XE 718?? How do you think they pair with my setup?

Thanks!!

No idea about the Ushers , never heard them. Heard Ikon2 few times and they are very good. Ushers also have some good reviews on the net but what i read was its a difficult speakers to drive. May be a Usher user can comment about its quality.

You seem to have a killer of a setup.. I wish I could afford such a one.. lolzz I will make up my mind and let you know.. thanks for your suggestion!

My setup is no where near killer but it is quite good which satisfies my musical needs really well, i used to have a killer setup which i now toned down by selling most of the components(expect my fav electra of course:)) due to space constraints(diff house) and few other personal reasons.

here is a an Electra fan like me who changes his components often except for the speakers.

YouTube - High End sound for the heart & soul

No idea about the Ushers , never heard them. Heard Ikon2 few times and they are very good. Ushers also have some good reviews on the net but what i read was its a difficult speakers to drive. May be a Usher user can comment about its quality.

Not all Ushers are difficult to drive.My Usher Mini dancer1 is a relatively easy load and my Denon PMA2000ivr drives them easily.The Marantz amp will be similar.
cheers
himadri

Not all Ushers are difficult to drive.My Usher Mini dancer1 is a relatively easy load and my Denon PMA2000ivr drives them easily.The Marantz amp will be similar.
cheers
himadri

The usher mini dancer for all I know doesn't really come anywhere close to my budget.. I have heard and read great reviews about this one and the BE 718s (with the beryllium tweeters) but both of them are too expensive for me to afford.

Any other suggestions around the 50k budget for speakers? I would prefer bookshelves over floorstanders.. Thanks

The usher mini dancer for all I know doesn't really come anywhere close to my budget.. I have heard and read great reviews about this one and the BE 718s (with the beryllium tweeters) but both of them are too expensive for me to afford.

Any other suggestions around the 50k budget for speakers? I would prefer bookshelves over floorstanders.. Thanks

check out the monitor audio silver rx2

check out the monitor audio silver rx2

I spoke to a local dealer/friend and he is going to arrange for an audition. He is trying to get MA RX2 and Focal Chorus 807V so that I could do an A to B. This should hopefully happen by the end of this month and I will post my thoughts once it happens.

Thanks mate!

Hi
Hav'nt heard the Usher bookshelves (without the beryllium tweeters ) but Im sure they are a strong contender in the category/ price range/ease of drive that u r looking for.
cheers
Himadri

I spoke to a local dealer/friend and he is going to arrange for an audition. He is trying to get MA RX2 and Focal Chorus 807V so that I could do an A to B. This should hopefully happen by the end of this month and I will post my thoughts once it happens.

Thanks mate!

thats great. auditioning and pairing is everything. its all about what your ears like

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back